Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
nice looking helm... did you try one on... ??? I bought one on-line without trying one at a dealership and got really lucky and it fit like a glove ( not OJ's)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
That looks like a nice lid Val. KBC has a good reputation for quality products, but I can't see enough information on the stores site to determine if this helmet is a good one.

David's question about trying it on at a store before ordering is a good one, because Lge or Med from one company, can be very different in a line of helmets from another company, but in itself is not fool proof for size.

I bought a Scorpian Exo from my dealer, and later ordered the same helmet on line so I would have an extra, because I found it at a reduced cost. The fit was so different that I was amazed that a company could make one helmet so different in the same size.

They were nice about taking it back, so now I don't order anything on line from a company that does not have a good return policy.

Moto Depo has a 10 day return policy, so you should be fine. They count ten days by using the UPS delivery date.
D

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks like a nice lid Val. KBC has a good reputation for quality products, but I can't see enough information on the stores site to determine if this helmet is a good one.

David's question about trying it on at a store before ordering is a good one, because Lge or Med from one company, can be very different in a line of helmets from another company, but in itself is not fool proof for size.

I bought a Scorpian Exo from my dealer, and later ordered the same helmet on line so I would have an extra, because I found it at a reduced cost. The fit was so different that I was amazed that a company could make one helmet so different in the same size.

They were nice about taking it back, so now I don't order anything on line from a company that does not have a good return policy.

Moto Depo has a 10 day return policy, so you should be fine. They count ten days by using the UPS delivery date.
D
Unfortunately, when I got home and checked my emails, I found one from them and they were out of the helmet. I did, however, find one at a lower price and snagged it. I have my heart set on it.

I did the old measure my melon with a rope trick. Went by the measurements for their helmets, so hopefully it will be just fine. If not, I will have to sell it to somebody with an even bigger melon than I have. :eek:

I have a HJC CL-10 but fell in love with this one. ...and, can a girl have two many fun helmets???

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Well I wish the best outcome for you. Your melon is worth protecting, and that looks like a fine helmet to protect it with. The measure system usually works well.

D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im jealous,,,,,,,I have been keeping an eye on this helmet for a long time (1yr1/2 or so) i just havent gotten it yet :((

Good choice I love that helmet let me know what you think of it

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE ON HELMET

I love it. It was very snug and gave me a headache until I realized I could take the cheek pads out and then my gopher cheeks were very happy and no more headache. I have been wearing it around the house to break it in.

I ended up getting it through ridersuperstore on ebay. There return policy is not too hot. If you return for a different size, they want $30. This does include the shipping of the new helmet.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Nice helmet

This is the one I got my wife with her new bike....

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
UPDATE ON HELMET

I love it. It was very snug and gave me a headache until I realized I could take the cheek pads out and then my gopher cheeks were very happy and no more headache. I have been wearing it around the house to break it in.

I ended up getting it through ridersuperstore on ebay. There return policy is not too hot. If you return for a different size, they want $30. This does include the shipping of the new helmet.
I was able to buy smaller cheek pads with my Shoei. The pads are part of the protection, you don't want to take them out.

Newenough.com has an awesome return and exchange policy. I buy stuff from them a lot.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is exactly what I thought!!!

·
Hey yall
837 Posts
heres mine !

underneath is HJC cl-11, if any ones interested, lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts