Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this restoration. I found this one in England. $9000.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

:shock: :shock: drooooooooooooooooool - too cool 8)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Nice bike... Nice mods, but that is one small radiator. Bet you it overheats on a hot day and being pushed hard.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Actually maybe not. It looks as though it is twice as thick, but not as tall

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well.... I thought it was from England. It was listed for sale though an English motorcycle website.

Here's the specs on it;

* 810cc
* Stage 2 turbo w/ported housing
* Ported spider pipe
* 2" full polished stainless exhaust
* K&N air filter
* Heavy valve springs
* APE mechanical cam chain tensioner
* 1100 throttle boddies w/new manifolds
* Lucas oversized injectors
* HKS blow-off valve
* HKS custom intercooler w 1 5/8 boost tubes
* Earls oil cooler w/ braided lines and aircraft fittings
* Dyna 2000 full digital ignition (coils, control unit w/ adj. boost
* retard and advance
* Taylor wires
* Pingal high flow petcock
* 2-stage boost control
* Dale Walker electric shifter
* Digi LED air/fuel meter w/ O2 sensor
* Faze indiglo lighted boost gauge
* Moto-Temp engine temp gauge
* internal fuel pressure gauge for tuning
* Daytona steering dampner
* Telefix fork brace
* Race-Tech modified front forks (gold-valve emulators, custom springs and bushings)
* EBC Pro-Lite race rotors (full floating)
* EBC HH pads
* Works Performance rear shock
* Kosman 2' widened rear wheel
* Orient express "red" race clutch springs
* Metzler MEZ4 radial tires
* 530 chain conversion w/ DID gold X-ring chain

Every bolt that was taken out was replaced with stainless steel if possible. Maintained flawlessly. Anybody who knows me or has seen the bike can atest to this. Oil has been changed every 1000 miles. Air filter cleaned every 500 miles and the throttle bodies synched every 3000 miles. If I am not riding the bike it stays hooked up to a battery tender with internal plug. Needs NOTHING!!!! No leaks (forks or motor), no blow-by, nothing "strange" at all. Comes with lots of extras like a new set of tires (Pilot Roads), the original owners manual and service manual and sales brocure. Lots of new parts, all OEM (fairing trim, clutch cable, sprocket cover gasket, scavenge pump o-rings, output shaft seals, the list goes on and on). The cost is $8,950. Contact Brett ( [email protected] ) or call 615-668-2576 cell, 615-826-5335 home. This is my own personal bike -- no disappoints.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are does rib hydraulic units on the heading edge of the front fronts? I see they're tied into the brake system. This bike didn't have ABS back then??

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hiker said:
What are does rib hydraulic units on the heading edge of the front fronts? I see they're tied into the brake system. This bike didn't have ABS back then??
ADVS.....It's an 80's anti dive system that kawi made. Kinda like a cartridge fork. As you braked harder the anti dive system kicked in to limit the amount of oil transfer - less dive.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Restoration

A real beauty. Something for me to work towards with my 84 GPz750.

·
Registered
191 Posts
adam, thats not a radiator. that bike is aircooled, thats an addon intercooler for the turbo, big performance upgrade. awesome bike. thats the motor i want for my bike when i get done with everything. i think stock in 84 someone got it to do like 10.9 in the 1/4 mile, bone stock!!!! This bike had the power of an 1100 but the light nimble handling of a 750(if you can call these bikes light anymore) very impressive 120hp stock. ive got the orig 84 test on my comp and there are a few sites dedicated to them. http://www.750turbo.com/gallery.htm
take a look

that bike has digital fuel injection on it as well stock. Those anti dive forks arent worth anything. the bikes suspension is way too soft, unless your under 170lbs. the anti dive forks also include air, about 7-15psi. one of the main reasons i put a gsxr750 fork on my bike

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
shift1313 said:
adam, thats not a radiator. that bike is aircooled, thats an addon intercooler for the turbo, big performance upgrade. awesome bike. thats the motor i want for my bike when i get done with everything. i think stock in 84 someone got it to do like 10.9 in the 1/4 mile, bone stock!!!! This bike had the power of an 1100 but the light nimble handling of a 750(if you can call these bikes light anymore) very impressive 120hp stock. ive got the orig 84 test on my comp and there are a few sites dedicated to them. http://www.750turbo.com/gallery.htm
take a look

that bike has digital fuel injection on it as well stock. Those anti dive forks arent worth anything. the bikes suspension is way too soft, unless your under 170lbs. the anti dive forks also include air, about 7-15psi. one of the main reasons i put a gsxr750 fork on my bike
Duh....what was I thinking.....You are right. All Gpz750s were air cooled. I got fooled. That intercooler is huge!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
radiator or intercooler so what..that bike is hot!

·
Registered
191 Posts
actully adam not all gpz750s were air cooled, these second generation ones were and so were first generations. the third, which we never saw in the states were liquid cooled and 4valve not dohc two valve. they follow the gpz900r a little more. but over seas they call bikes gpz when we get them over here as zx models. the watercooled gpzs boasted 89hp i think vs. the air cooleds 82-85( i dont remember exact numbers). while the 900 was lighter, 115hp a much better sell.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Geez -twice wrong in the same post. Didn't the overseas group had liquid cooled ones, but I do remember that the ones here in the US were air cooled and then came the liquid cooled Ninja 900 and in 85 the 600r.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yup your right. the liquid cooled 750s werent very popular from what i hear and they sold very few because of the 900s poularity. I myself didnt know about them until a few months ago, just stumbled on a pic online and read up on them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts