Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all of you who may remember me and to all the great people who are new since I last visited. CheriAnn, you may remember me. I used to be on quite a bit but never posted a great deal.

My last post was in 2008 when I sold my bike. I had some severe medical problems and my bike was just setting there taunting me, that I could not ride anymore. Well the medical problems are very much under control and am able to ride again. I found a (bite my tongue) 2005 Yamaha V-Star that was really nice a couple of weeks ago and now I am back on two wheels.

I am now retired from my old job and retirement is the best job I ever had. For sure now that I can ride again. I am doing work around the house, you know the things that needed doing but got put back on the list because of time. Now I just take my time and work when I want to or ride when I want too.

There are so many new names on here. The only ones that I have seen that I recognized are you and Spok. If you will have me back (Yamaha) I hope to spend some time here. If any of you read this and remember me, please post so I can get back into this with a few old friends and hopefully some new ones too.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
CheriAnn is no longer a member... (long story) :(

welcome back though!
congrats on sorting out the medical problems too.

pics of the new bike?

is there actually a lake called 'Pomme de terre Lake'?? HAHAHAHA

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Woo Hoo. You're back. I have missed you. My bell has kept me safe and I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CheriAnn is no longer a member... (long story) :(

welcome back though!
congrats on sorting out the medical problems too.

pics of the new bike?

is there actually a lake called 'Pomme de terre Lake'?? HAHAHAHA
Yes there is a lake called Pomme De Terre. French for apple of the earth or potato, you could call it tater lake. It is about 60 miles north of Springfield, MO. and about 100 miles south of K.C. MO. I live about 3 miles from the dam and on the river below the dam. I live in the edge of a little town called Hermitage, MO in the county of Hickory all named after Andrew Jackson.

Sometime I would like to know more about CheriAnn, and hear from some of the other older users here. Is JukieF still around?

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Yes there is a lake called Pomme De Terre. French for apple of the earth or potato, you could call it tater lake. It is about 60 miles north of Springfield, MO. and about 100 miles south of K.C. MO. I live about 3 miles from the dam and on the river below the dam. I live in the edge of a little town called Hermitage, MO in the county of Hickory all named after Andrew Jackson.
:lol:

tater lake.

yeah, i knew it meant potato in french, so i figured that was a goofy name for a lake! haha.

is it shaped like a potato?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

tater lake.

yeah, i knew it meant potato in french, so i figured that was a goofy name for a lake! haha.

is it shaped like a potato?
No not really. It is forked, the main branch is the Pomme side, and the other branch is the Lindley Creek, which is a much smaller river. They come together about 1/2 mile above the dam. What part of the world are you from?

It has been so long since I have been on here everything has changed and I don't know how to post pics of the new scoot. I will keep checking and see if I can find out. I don't have a picture account anywhere on the web, can I just upload pix to the board?

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
No not really. It is forked, the main branch is the Pomme side, and the other branch is the Lindley Creek, which is a much smaller river. They come together about 1/2 mile above the dam. What part of the world are you from?

It has been so long since I have been on here everything has changed and I don't know how to post pics of the new scoot. I will keep checking and see if I can find out. I don't have a picture account anywhere on the web, can I just upload pix to the board?
Hmmm. makes ya wonder why they named it after a potato. If it was in Idaho, i might understand....

I'm Steve and I'm the resident Brit.
Well, there's a few... but i'm the best of the bunch :)

currently residing in London, England. Have you ever been?

well, don't fret, the forum is currently recovering from some technical difficulties, so hopefully it'll be back to 'normal' soon.

some of the buttons aren't working at the moment, which is probably why you can't post a pic without an image account. I still think the best way to upload pics is through a website like photobucket.com ... upload them there, then there's an code which you can copy and paste into here, which will make the picture show up.

it'll read something like this [IMG]the URL of the image you want to upload.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm. makes ya wonder why they named it after a potato. If it was in Idaho, i might understand....

I'm Steve and I'm the resident Brit.
Well, there's a few... but i'm the best of the bunch :)

currently residing in London, England. Have you ever been?

well, don't fret, the forum is currently recovering from some technical difficulties, so hopefully it'll be back to 'normal' soon.

some of the buttons aren't working at the moment, which is probably why you can't post a pic without an image account. I still think the best way to upload pics is through a website like photobucket.com ... upload them there, then there's an code which you can copy and paste into here, which will make the picture show up.

it'll read something like this [IMG]the URL of the image you want to upload.jpg
Yeah after I asked where you were from, I looked at your header and it said London. No I have never been out of the U.S. I have been to a lot of it though. Most of it by air. I used to travel quite a lot for my school. I was the Division head of the Industrial and Manufacturing division and had to check out a lot of stuff. The school is a two year community college based on technology. I am retired now and enjoying it a great deal.

It cold and rainy here today and the wind is blowing very strong. Not a good day to ride. We are expecting sever weather here this evening and tonight. Possible Tornados and that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
wow. the weather definitely doesn't sound good for motorbikes :(

glad to hear you're enjoying your retirement and back on the bike.
now you've got all this free time, why not hop over the pond and come explore Europe ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Hmmm. makes ya wonder why they named it after a potato. If it was in Idaho, i might understand...."

It seems that this was a French territory and they named the river. Before the lake it was good size river, not like the Missouri or Mississippi, but not a bad size. Where it flows by my house it is now still a good river just slowed down due to the lake, until we have some heavy rain like now then it gets pretty big. Have a great one.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
417vulcan
Where is Jerico Springs? I know that I have been there but just can't remember where it is. Is it over close to Stocton? I used to work at Stockton State Park, back many years ago. In fact I built the original buildings in the park. I even helped build the Park Marina after the Tornado took it out, when it was about two weeks old. I built the Resturant on the hill above the marina.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts