Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first winter with my 07 VN900LT.

Fresh Oil , Stabil in the tank , Battery Tender hooked up and Bike covered.

Questions:

Tires - Do I need to add air this winter ?

Movement - Do I need to move the bike at all? (heard some change wheel direction)

Counting the days (months) to ride...

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
If you're not going to ride, just let her sit for now. Untarp her when the weather warms up, check the tires, light the fires and go ride.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
I would recommend placing a piece of plywood under the tires. This will help prevent flat spots. Plywood will have a little bit of give...cement won't. Flat spots on cars are OK...but not when you have two tires like on a bike!

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
Try riding it, ILL. is not much worse then PA. and I am having a ball. Get about 100 miles a week.
+1

I try to ride just enough to re-fuell monthly, 25+ years of riding here in the northeast and i have yet to winerize any of my bikes.

I admit going from hot to cold without taking long trips does play hell with the crankcase but i change my oil after riding season and again before it starts up again (less then 1,000 miles) but thats a small price to pay to be able to take the scoot out on that warm january day rather then having it packed away with stable in the tank and all cobered up.

Detailed Local Forecast
Tonight: Mostly clear. Cold. Low 14F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow: Mainly sunny. High 41F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow night: Mainly clear early, then a few clouds later on. Low 27F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday: Partly cloudy skies. High 47F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the low 40s

Yep thats New Jersey 14F to low 50s in 4 days

1 - 6 of 6 Posts