Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the choke knob supposed to stay out when you pull it, or is it supposed to automatically go back in? Mine automatically goes back in (turns off), and I was going to adjust it (cause I get tired of holding it while the bike warms up), but didn't want to if it's supposed to do that. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
dawgblood said:
Is the choke knob supposed to stay out when you pull it, or is it supposed to automatically go back in? Mine automatically goes back in (turns off), and I was going to adjust it (cause I get tired of holding it while the bike warms up), but didn't want to if it's supposed to do that. Thanks!
Dawg the choke is suppose to stay out . If you look behind the knob you will see a round plastic nut , it tighten's an hold the knob out, when your ready to push the choke in loosen the ring an the knob will go back in. One other thing if you would of posted this question in the cruiser forum we all probably would of caught the thread sooner. I don't pop in hear to often ( I think it's my 2nd or 3rd time in a yr.)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Dawgblood,That plastic can be tight'en enough just with your fingers.That will keep your choke out until you're ready to push it back in after your bike warms up! I'm talking about the black plastic nut right behind the choke knob itself.You will be able to just push the knob back in when the bike warms up without messing with it again!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Did ya get it adjusted like you wanted it? Real simple "LiL" trick,isn't it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts