Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally took the plunge. Somewhere in the mail are a brand spankin new set of V&H SS w/ vortex tips, a Kuryakyn/K&N air filter assembly, chrome axle caps and a crankcase breather. Added the last 2 to top $500 and got free shipping. Yep, half a G-note for all of it.

I opted for the new Hi-Five filter assembly, which includes jets. No one seems to have any info about these but I figured I'd give it a shot. Might go to the Stage 1 if I dont' like it. I'll let you know.

I thought I was going HK all the way. I really like the look of the large stock exhaust and HK is the only one who has 2-2 pipes of similar diameter for the 800. In the long run, price and a fear of being too loud won out.

Dyno question... what exactly is dyno-ing? I see lots of torque and hp comparisons but thought an explanation of what this is would be good for us technologically challenged.

Now the hard part.... waiting for my goodies to arrive. Hope Oregon weather cooperates after the install for me to get some saddle time in.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I don't think you'll be dissapointed in the V&H's. I love mine!!!

Dyno'ing is putting your bike on a system that you run it full open thru the gears and it tracks your HP and Torque curves as the motor works thru its power bands in all the gears. Normally you do it before the mods to get your baseline numbers and then after the mods to help fine tune the mods and to see what your new numbers are.

Thy dyno numbers shows a map of how and when your bike develops is power and it can show you where your power begins to fall off. There are many different uses of the numbers that come out of dyno'ing it.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Sound's great Pick ,now tell Spok to turn the **** facet off so we can all go riding!! The only thing I will tell you about jetting is on the 800 you will need a new primary jet , The stock is a 48 an you will need a 50 and your main jet will be a 165 or 170, both in the jet kit that will come with the new intake the stock main jet on the 800 is a 135. I've got the hypercharger on mine an the jet kit came with it . The vulcan's are know to run lean from the factory. If you got any question's after you get the good's just ask. Enjoy the new mod's , an don't get any ticket's. <BG>

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

ditto-on the jet set above :wink:

·
Registered
837 Posts
congrats pick..you'll love your new bike :twisted: dont know where your old one went :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts