Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess some of you may have already done it, but how do you cut your fenders shorter, or make a custom design ?

I don't mind trying it, but I want to be armed with the knowledge on how to do it.....................

I'm far too chicken to just go ahead and do it without somekind of imput.

Thanx guys & gals.............

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Simple explanation: mark your lines and use a dremel. The fenders are plastic on our bikes, so a dremel can cut through em like butter. Once you're done cutting, then you can sand the edges smooth and repaint.

..like everything, there's probably more than one way to go about it.

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Also, if I remember correctly, there is a metal reinforcement piece under the fender that must be cut as well.

Here is where you can see the metal reinforcement skeleton that you would also need to cut/trim to hide whatever will be exposed due to trimming/chopping of the fender:LINK

·
Registered
265 Posts
Tape a M-80 to it and have fun. The plastic is so hard to get smooth. I'm way to anal to pass it off as if it looked good. I snbbed the front fender to a really nice size and made it bobber styled. When I was done though the dremel made some marks I didnt like (My fault) and then I tried everything to get that nice smooth edge back to the area I made the mark and it was never the same. So I did the easy thing! I screammed, pulled, ripped and burnt the front fender and I'm still fender free as of today. I'll replace it when i figure out exactly what i want. As of now I just get water to the face and an occasional stone to the forehead! Oh well!

My advice is go super slow and think about it alot before you do it.

Or buy a metal one and grind that piggg...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts