Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have had some bad experiences with moto cops......Karma sent me some good ones today, but not without trying to kill me, kinda ironic.

So, I am going down the 22, and I see traffic start to slow, and traffic to the right getting ready to merge. I am looking at a mini van getting closer to the TWO SOLID WHITE LINES, and I think to myself, naw, no one is that dumb.

yep, she crosses right over them into the lane and space I happened to be occupying at the time.

so I laid on my horn and swerved to the left ( no, loud pipes did not save my life, experience did ), I looked over at the lady probably around 50 or so with a cell phone, I give her the WTF look, she puts her hand out the window and flips me off..........the next sound I hear, the whoooopppppp of a moto cop siren, then the PA

" Pull the **** van off to the side of the road"

since traffic was stopping, he pulled next to me, asked if I was okay to ride, I said yeah, he told me he saw everything, the crossing over the double solid lines, and definite wreckless driving, then he went to the van, I could see by the animation he was yelling.

now my day is going pretty good, but it got better. Once on Highway 5, I am tooling along in the carpool lane, listening to a little twisted sister. I look at the fast lane to my right and I see this beautifal triumph ( I tell ya it was a sweet looking retro bike).

no more than 3 feet behind him, and I mean 3 feet, was a red 3000gt, I think its a mitsy or something, with this over the hil jimmy buffet, gold chain, I am cooler than crap moron, waving his fist in the air and yelling to the biker.

well, the bike couldnt do crap because the car was too close, if he let off the throttle a little, the car would have creamed him. I slowed a little to watch in case it went bad, I could see by the way the triumph guy kept checking his mirrors he was getting nervous.

about a minute later, another moto cop pulls over the 3000gt, I assume for following too close.

then finally,a mile form home, two moto sheriffs pull up next to me at a stoplight, cheerful and talking while we waited, and even waved as they were leaving.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Sounds like a great day for the CHP, I hope the lady in the van got a big ol ticket.

·
Living Large-down from XL
412 Posts
I LOVE a story with a happy ending!!!

Don

·
Registered
533 Posts
you got the good karma today!!!!! should of been at the track (horses that is)

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
The last motocop I saw was standing on the side of the road pointing a radar gun.
Why Tina, were you in Detroit yesterday? I saw 2 in different locations in the motor yesterday.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
WooHoo, finally the Moto-Cavalry came to your rescue.

Sounds like your Karma has made a complete about face Mark. :D

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
All the experiences I've had with motocops have been good ones. Mostly chats cycles, but also waves, nods, and the like. The last I had, SJPD I believe (San Jose), was a doozy as he was relating his 'tearing up Hwy 9' stories. I gave him a weird look and he just laughed and said, "Hey, what motorcyclist doesn' tear up Hwy 9?"

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
i dont know that ive ever even seen one :shock:

·
Ninja tomato farmer
17,646 Posts
We have a couple of motor officers that drop by regularly. (I work in a traffic control center) As a matter of fact they're out on the highway now keeping folks in line. :smile:

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
That's a great reflection on the CHP. Glad they and you were there watching over things. Hope Mr. Cool got a big ticket to the policemans ball!

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WooHoo, finally the Moto-Cavalry came to your rescue.

Sounds like your Karma has made a complete about face Mark. :D
well, I did put a ride bell on the bike, and, I have not washed my doo-rag since we got the last ticket. Kinda scared too, I might wash the luck out of it.

Actually, what I think is going on, for almost 2 weeks straight, daily, I hear traffic backed up on the 5 because a biker down. The cops ride too, and they face the same dangers we do.

so I think they are taking stupidity from drivers very serious right now.

The funny thing, since I sit very upright on my bike, and it has the old style shield on it. When it is still a little dark outside, about 5am, when I come up behind people, they slow down quickly, usually below the speed limit.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
That is going to me eventually. I take the CHP test next Saturday. My goal is to become a motorcycle cop...since they don't have a SWAT team.
Then what you need to do is first, be a good traffic cop, then second, move to motors. It doesn't matter how good a rider you are, you have to be good at the job in a cage first.

One thing that you will learn to hate as a motor cop is CHROME. If it's chromed, it has to be shiny and polished every day before you hit the street. If you spend less than 15 minutes per day cleaning and shining up your motor, it's not ready for Prime Time. This is one of the reasons that motor cops like the BMW -- very little shiny stuff. They tell me that they take it to the car wash if it's really grimy, but a garden hose is good enough every morning before work.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
listening to a little twisted sister.
How could it be a bad day jammin to Dee Snyder?!?
Kinda funny SD, with all the horrid experiences you've had, I am glad it is balanced out now.
Can you say Irony?!?;)

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How could it be a bad day jammin to Dee Snyder?!?
Kinda funny SD, with all the horrid experiences you've had, I am glad it is balanced out now.
Can you say Irony?!?;)
most definetly.........

I am a little concerned about the rash of bike accidents around here lately, I wonder whats going on

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
most definetly.........

I am a little concerned about the rash of bike accidents around here lately, I wonder whats going on
B1tch in a jeep tried to take out Snaky when we left Quaid's today.
Came over on him, he and Bella both on the horns (and brakes), she cleared him by 5 inches.... and then had the nerve to flip HIM off.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Came over on him, he and Bella both on the horns (and brakes), she cleared him by 5 inches.... and then had the nerve to flip HIM off.
Don't you wish there was a special plate for the MENTALLY handicapped?

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
this is why your license plate should be your cell number.............so you can get a hold of the moron.

I'm surprised snaky didnt go give an attitude adjustment

1 - 20 of 109 Posts