Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Mack couldn't wait and gave me my Christmas present early. He bought me a Spirit Slipstream windshield for my Spectre.

It was easy to install and is good looking. Don't like the strips on it...so I may customize it later.

Took it out on the highway along with my new winter riding gloves.. It works great...150% difference. Had to hold on tight to the handle bars to keep from being dragged off before....Now I can relax and enjoy. He also got me a pair of highway pegs.

Ready to cruise now :p

Here is a pic

Heather

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome! I bet it makes a TON of difference!

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Savedrider,

Welcome to the forum. I like your user name :) It does....don't have to fight against the wind at 70mph...makes it warmer too.

Heather

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, one of my buds who did a lot of freeway riding put one on his Yammie 650. He said he could not beleive the difference...night and day. Much more comfortable to ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
vaporgas2000 said:
first of all welcome :grin: Also what does the handle savedrider mean?
Hi there,

Thanks for the welcome! In regards to my screenname...I chose it because I am saved by the grace of the lord Jesus Christ and I like to ride! :grin:

Thanks for asking! :wink:

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I enjoy seeing bugs hit the windshield instead of my face and upper body. :)

Heather....your picture is really tiny?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Speaking of bugs hitting you. I was riding years ago in just a T shirt and had a large bee smack me in my upper arm. It stung me at the same time and boy did it hurt!!! I had a welt the size of a quarter. I think it was one of those big black bumble bees. Ouch...memories hurt! lol ;)

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I can't help myself on this one.....savedrider.....it seem's as if you really got a "buzz" off of that bee? :)

Sorry...I know it was bad.

I never got stung like you did but I have been hit...and hit hard by a bird that was trying to gain altitude before hitting me on my right shoulder. I was doing about 60 mph when it smacked me hard and flew up and behind me and then landing onto the road dead as a duck. I was wearing my heavy leather jacket and still felt it as if someone had punched me hard.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice present, I still dont like the looks of windshields, but Im tempted to try it for winter riding

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jono,

They have several types that fit our bikes....I chose the one with the most coverage because that is what I am used to...There are two others that fit the bike, but are more sporty looking. Check it out.

My project bike...the BMW R80RT has a full faring that covers me from head to toe :)

Heather

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whistle clean,

I got stuck riding in a hail storm one time when I was living in VA. Came up during a thunderstorm. Good thing I was wearing leather. It was like getting punched a bunch of times. :)

Heather

·
Registered
487 Posts
savedrider said:
Hi there,

Thanks for the welcome! In regards to my screenname...I chose it because I am saved by the grace of the lord Jesus Christ and I like to ride! :grin:

Thanks for asking! :wink:
That's what I figured. Keep the faith and God bless. :)

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heather can not get the size of the picture right with our photo software...size on the photo editor doesn't match what is uploaded. Very confusing

Mack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts