Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Reborn Biker
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics below!

After extensive searching for inexpensive floorboards that don't require modification, I have found these. Theyare a direct fit, but do require additional spacers for the peg mounts on the bike. They do need mods if you would like them to fold up. Grinding out the half moon center section of the board will let the fold up. Nice and chrome.

Footpegs & Floorboards

Part # 25514.

Also, I did have to add a nylon spacer behind the peg and the bike mount so that they did not droop. The gap is a little big, so a spacer is required. I will get pics of the install soon. They work very well.

·
Reborn Biker
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got them at Moto's cycle. found it while searching the net.
I'll see if I can get the link.

Footpegs & Floorboards

link to the store. Part # 25514

·
Reborn Biker
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the boards installed. They are similar to the ones posted by another member, yet these have chrome pegs! You can see the half moon portion on the floorboard itself. If these are cut away (ground out) they should fold up. I have yet to do this, but are planning to. Don't have a grinder yet. Anyway, they come with all the hardware to mount the pegs to the boards, including the chrome spacers shown. The additions I used to make them work are as follows.

A. 3 chrome spacers - to mate the pegs to the mounts on the frame.
I couldn't find just 2 that would work.
B. 3/8" of Stainless tubing - This is for the pegs. The hole in the peg is a
little large for the stock pin. It is used as a
bushing.
C. 1/4 inch nylon material - This is a spacer between the peg and the peg
and the peg mount on the bike. Although
these say that they're universal, they aren't.
The spacer is needed to stop the peg in the down
position, level. This is the only part that needs to
be made. I used a 1/4" thick piece of nylon pipe
clamp that I happened to have. A cutting
board will be made out of the same material.
You can see it behind the peg. It has a white
rub mark on it.

I made a "T" out of the nylon material and tapped it into the bracket behind the peg so as not to vibrate out. Painted it black to hide it, and walla!

Here are the chrome spacers I found at my local Ace hardware.

The 3rd shot is of the tubing i used s a bushing for the peg. The peg hole is a little large for the stock pin, so a bushing/bearing is required.

Hope this helps someone out!

Attachments

·
Reborn Biker
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I should have wiped them off first!:oops:

·
Reborn Biker
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Note! On the exhaust side if the bike, These pegs just touch the pipes. Or should I say shield. Has not dented them as of yet. For those who are leary of scratching yours, a little grinding may be required on the underside of this board.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I got simular "universal" floorboards off e-bay for like $30 or so. The factory clevis part hole got elongated pretty quickly with the wife gettting on and off. I didnt like the way it looked when she stood on it to get on or off. So I built a mount using the factory and some tubing. Well the threadded part that came on the floorboard stripped out. Humm what now Batman. I found a piec of like 1" I think it was alum tubing and drilled holes in it to mount on the bike mount and then thru the floorboard. Its black so dont look to terrible, but the cheap chrome is pitting and comming off. lol I hope they work good for you. Even though mine have been work to get on and use I still think they were worth the money. I have read a couple places that the factory rears off a 1500 vulcan will fit with no mods, but I cant confirm that either.

·
Reborn Biker
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry to hear of your woes. Have been using mine alot! Well, the wife has, with no probs. The factory rears off of the 2000 will work, but the price so far has been prohibitive.
These fit into the clevis already on the bike. The holes in the peg are offset so the board fits level.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
No problem. Like I said I feel I have (or the wife has) got our moneys worth out of them. Yea I keep an eye out every now and then looking for those elusive floorboards off a 2000 or whatever. But your right they are pretty proud of even the used ones. Is it the ones off a Nomad or just the regular vulcan?

·
Reborn Biker
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe it is the ones off of the vulcan V2K. It's on the 100% fits vulcan 900 list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts