Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Meeeeee eittthhhherrr Paint!
I have never been one for purple, but it is such a pretty bike imo.... I get many compliments on it. Although I have to admitt... I'm thinking about repainting it after all the repairs are completed. The tank is scratched a little bit, and I've been thinking of trying to get ahold of some vintage brochures and see what the stock colors were back then.
Thanks for the compliments, I love her to death!! You'd never know she's almost 20 years old... Although in human years she acts like it! :wink: :grin:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
hey wahts that supposed to mean :p *remembers hes only 17*.. you can keep implieing that about 20 year olds on second thought :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very nice... I had to look twice after you said it was 20 years old. It seems all bike manufacturers are going back to those classic lines...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Allright CQ we have all waited some time for a pic it looks great.If ya repaint what color ya thinking?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Hey thanks Mangler!
I'm not sure yet, I really want to find a brochure of the 700's new so that I can decide.... We'll see. First priority is getting her goin' again.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hey Chromegirl,Yeah i called ya chromegirl. Not trying to change your name,just something off the top of my head! Back to the bike,its a good looking ride! Yeah,CQ get that rascal back on the road and ride. If ya gonna paint it,put it back that color!!

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
That's okay... I didn't really want "queen", but princess sounded too witchy to me... So Chromegirl sounds fine. :)
I really do like that color, and have been thinking of restoring it with the same color. Don't know though.......
Thanks for the compliments Kenny.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I love the older lines of the classics. Being out of the bike world while I was busy with life, I had fallen into the reality that there was either HD's or sportbikes. I was pleasantly suprised to find that in my absence, metric builders were and had always been producing lines that harkened back to the "good ol days" It was a vulcan 750 in a Wilsons Leather store that called me back real hard to get a bike last year...love the look of that 750, it led me to the 800 and finally to the 1500.

As far as that purple paint, it really looks good in UW Husky purple...:)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Classic Ride Chromequeen! I would keep it purple, any other color would probably slow her down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Awesome looking bike Chromequeen, the purple is a sweet colour, especially if you added just a lil bit of pearl to it....it would give her that lil glimmer in the sun.... :smile:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think it looks fine the way it is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice set of wheels girl. I'm sure you'll find the right color when it's time (if there's even a need for change).
Until then, keep tinkering......after all that's half the fun isn't it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts