Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for some clamp on foot pegs for my 1600. Past experiences or recommendations? :?:

Also, the info comming out of this forum is tops!

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey there CSA2lt...i have Kuryakyn highyway pegs on my 1600 classic and love them. clamp right to the frame and they are fully adjustable. sell for between 100.00 and 120.00. great quality though. you can see a pic of them on my bike in the "show off your ride" area. it's listed under "my '04 1600 classic...mastercaster. here is the link to kuryakyn's site for highway pegs.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/category.asp?bn=metric&cn=Footpegs&sn=Highway+Pegs

enjoy.. let me know if you get them. happy riding. :D

oh yeah..you need the ones with 1.35inch clamp diameter.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I guess that is one mod I'll never have to make. I recently considered trading my 1500 for an '03 1600 all decked out. Several reasons kept me from doing the deal but when sitting on the bike, I noticed that since I'm a short guy (5'7") not only did I not need highway bars, I can't get my feet to get that far forward to use them. That part would've been a waste in the trade. Oh well, now that I know that better spend that money elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Why no 1600 =( ?

The floorboard mounted highway pegs might be a little closer for you short guys =P Mine look just like Gadget's. I have to wait until I get matching brake pedals/ shifters before I can post any pics though :wink:

Just look at where your legs would be next to the front of the bike's frame. For me, If I were to mount there I'd be wrapping my legs around that big ol gas tank. With an engine guard you can mount the pegs further out so your leg isn't really touching the tank. Just whatever is most comfortable for you.

Phatboy

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, Im 5'8" and dont need the hwy pegs.
I can stretch my legs on the floorboards and
do just fine.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Question for MasterCaster

I installed the pegs just like on your bike. There was a metal tab that was holding a cable on the right side that I had to grind off. Did you? On the left side there was a metal bracket that also held tubes that I had to insall below.

Finally, it seems like you have to torque them down like crazy to stop them from moving under the weight of your leg. Did you find this to be the case too?

thanks...

·
Registered
28 Posts
yes to all! i did have to file off that piece of steel. i have found with these bike and the vibrations they have thing can come loose quick.. refering to aftermarket things mostly. i use threadlock on just about anything i put on. solved the problem. same with the pegs, threadlock and tighten the S&@T out them. haven't come loose yet! i love them though. i put some phatrisers on and with those pegs i can just totaly kick back. :D happy riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts