Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice, On a weekend ride I had stopped and looked things over, the front speedo connector was almost off, with small amount grease leaking out, I tightened it up, Today I checked the torque on the front axle, It was WAY too loose, so I set it at 80 ft lbs with the pinch bolt loosened, After this took it out for a 2 mile ride, stopped to look it over, noticed the Speedo gear box and the lower right fork was hot,
not too hot to touch but Hot. the left fork was nice and cool.

Could this be a problem? what else do I need to check for?
I have not noticed any unusual sounds\squeaks coming from up front
1200 miles on the bike,

Thank you group for any input.

Dave

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE:
Rode it to the Dealership today 20 miles, 55 mph, speedo worked fine
Did notice some slight squealing /schreeching from front right side.
on arrival mechanic came and looked the Speddo gear box was Extremely hot. The hub area on the wheel was fine.
They have never seen this problem they will check it out and get back to me. meantime no ride :(

Dave

·
Registered
837 Posts
man that brings back bad memories...i was having a vibration on the left side of my bike..kept lookin for a problem and couldnt find one until i came out of the house and just happened to look at the front axle...the nut was gone from the axle...got 1 and torqued it up and havnt had a problem since...

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
My bike is making the exact same squealing noise in the exact same area. Did you ever find out what it was?

dhdaniel's last post on here was way back in 2006, doubt you'll get an answer anytime soon.

You may want to post your question in the Mechanics section of the forum. Good luck.... and welcome to the forum...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts