Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had a tough time deciding which one to get, I didn't like the big fender on the classic but the skinny tire on the custom made me worry about driving in the rain. I choose the custom and I love it. I think it just comes down to taste, they both look great IMO but for me the custom was the right choice.

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
no, custom is bolgna cut, and the LT/Classic is straight cut.. Other then that they are the same.
not sure what pics your looking at, the Classic/LT are Bologna cut, as are the Customs.

I have the Classic and can asure you they are NOT straight cut.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a tough time deciding which one to get, I didn't like the big fender on the classic but the skinny tire on the custom made me worry about driving in the rain. I choose the custom and I love it. I think it just comes down to taste, they both look great IMO but for me the custom was the right choice.
I agree with you. I modified my 2007 VN900 Classic by replacing the rear fender, seat, exhaust and tyres. You can see the various modifications under my profile if you are interested. I kept the same size front tyre but changed it to Metzelers. I upgraded my rear tyre to 200/70-15 Metzelers. So I have a Customised Classic now which really drives much better than stock as the tyre grip is phenomenal. The speedo is now off by only 1kph contrary to the 8kph that was off the real speed with the original Dunlops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts