Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted this in another thread. I did some searching and found nothing that has been updated.

I have 7500 miles on my Nomad now. Since it was new, it has had a clattering sound at higher RPMs when accelerating. It does sound like something vibrating or two pieces of something nailing each other, but for the life of me I cannot find it. I've got the radiator frame isolated well, the headlight (I actually rode it with the headlight off - same noise), the nachelle chrome sheets around the triple tree, everything! I guess I could take the heat shields off and try that....

The only thing I haven't done is remove the tank and look under there for something that wants to clackety clack at higher RPM when accelerating.

I'm at the end of my rope with this and ready to trade it/sell it. It's a wonderful bike other than the freaking noise. It's so prevalent I cannot ignore it.

Ideas appreciated.

·
Vulcan 1600 Classic
490 Posts
I had the same issue on my Vulcan 1600 Classic.... I did just about everything you did and still had this annoying tinny rattle. The chrome that surrounds the front where the headlight is wraps around the triple tree. Now... there is another metal piece right in front of where that chrome sheets ends behind the triple tree. What I did was wedge a piece of plastic in between both and pushed it as far in as I could. Low and behold the rattle was gone and never heard it again.
I believe this will solve your problem..... Let me know how you make out!

Jim

·
Nobody Home
1,768 Posts
One of the culprits is usually the wiring in the headlight shell. Sounds like maybe you eliminated that. Might try disconnecting the wires to the idle control solenoids to make sure that's not what you're hearing if you still have them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.