Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of wax/polish does everyone use? I have used turtle wax on my old bikes and I wanted to see if there was something better that I should be using. Does the turtle wax work for the chrome as well? Lets get a list off the best cleaning supplies.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Meguiars, Carnuba Wax, give a deep lustrous shine.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
I have used honda polish and plexus, both work well in my opinion! For washing the bike I really like that new Auto Dry Car Wash. Its sweet! For chrome I use mothers. Wax, I have used mothers and turtle wax and both seem the same to me.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts
I've been using Turtle wax "Ice" on mine and it seems to work very well. I would like to know how to get the roughed up area under the seat to smooth out. I had my bags hanging on the fender and it now has wear spots there. I also have a wear spot on the tank where the front of the seat rubs on it. I have hard mounted bags now but the seat stays!

:D
Aif

·
900 Customer
901 Posts
Klasse All In One + Sealant Glaze. I also use quick detail spray often.

·
Registered
71 Posts
For quick, in-between cleanups or on rides, I use either Mother's or Meguiar's quick detailer sprays and a terry or microfiber cloth.

For a standard wash, I use Meguirar's car wash soap and water.

For the windshield, I like Plexus.

I use Mother's or Meguiar's wax for detailing, just as I do on my cars. This works well on all painted parts.

For the chrome, I keep a coat of the above wax on them, but for a once- or twice-a-year extra-good detailing, I'll use Mother's chrome polish.

When I had leather bags, I used Eagle One leather cleaner and protector.

I'm sure there are other good products out there, but after trying a bunch a couple of years back, these are the ones that I like best.

Jim

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
plexus, man!!!! and when its not available good ol' pledge works wonders. never tried honda polish but i hear it rocks
Actually save your money and stick with the Pledge. Honda Pro has the exact same ingredients as Pledge, but at 3 times the price.
I have tried both and see no difference, both work extremely well for the windshield, fenders, tank, seat, rubber hoses etc. Works well on chrome as well.

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't use the kind of wood polish that covers up the scratches in the wood. It has dye in it. Only use the kind that shines!!! I would suck to have a big brown smudge on you shield.

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
Any good brand of auto polish works well. I have tried a lot of them and find most very easy to use. Meguires makes excellent products, but there are many good choices. Things that work but not well are Pledge (Harder to use than any auto polish and results don't last, PITA to wipe off IMHO) any type of non-auto finish product regardless of who hypes it, WD-40 NEVER! Use whatever you would use on your car and you will be fine. Afterall, your bike's paint is just another automotive type finish and not some special type of motorcycle paint!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts