Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cleaned the air filter according to the instructions in the kawasaki manual. well it says to drench it in 10/40 oil and then press all of it out so the filter is oiled. well after doing this for the next few days there was oil dripping out of the bike (i'm assuming from the airbox) it wasn't excessive so i'm assuming theres some sort of drip tube coming out of the air box. and the drip has stopped since then.
so has anyone else experienced this? i just wanted to make sure that i didn't screw something up royally. 8)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
you sure...

R U sure you didn't see the part about taking a paper towel or something and REMOVING the EXCESS before reinstalling it??? IT should be done like that...it keeps the airbox from getting messy as well...I'd still use K&N filter cleaner but buy the larger bottles for automobile use...it's cheaper in bulk...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
R U sure you didn't see the part about taking a paper towel or something and REMOVING the EXCESS before reinstalling it???
yes...i did this (several times i might add). but it's pretty impossible to get all the excess off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts