Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attempted to paint my bike myself. The bike was in primer when i got it. So i put like 4 coats of Black Duplicolor paint on. Then i put like 3 coats of Duplicolor Clear Top Coat. Then i waited a few hours for it to dry and noticed the that clear coat left a white residue type stuff. And its not glossy its kinda flat black. But the Black paint i bougnt was Glossy. Anyone know wat i did wrong ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
My brother lives in Nashville, been there once. The bugs and insects are awful!! :p

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
car538 said:
was it coold when you painted it, if the surface being painted is cold, you will get a cull finish
It's great that you joined the forum, but why would you bother to reply to a 2 year old question?

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
liquiddevil2000 said:
thats messed up... sites like this make u look for other sites with friendlier ppl on it..lolol
Wasn't trying to be mean about it, and I am always grateful for painting tips. But surely after 2 years they have figured it out and repainted or learned to live with it. And I sincerely hope I didn't scare off a new member, especially one that knows anything about laying a coat of paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts