Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 ninja 600 e.
it has been sitting for the winter. i broke it out the other day & it runs real rough at low rpm. i think the idle jets are clogged.
i got some berrymans b-12 & put some in @ 1 oz to 1 gal ratio. drove it around a bit in town, but no improvement.

does anyone know: can i increase the ratio of the b-12 to clean jets better? then drive it real hard for an hour or so. i dont want to have to tear apart the 4 carbs to clean jets manually.

any help greatly appreciated.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Haven't used Berrymans but I know it's similar to seafoam and you can easily double it's suggested rate of mix with no more ill effects than a little exhaust smoke. One thing I would suggest though. The pilot jets or "idle jets" as you call them, supply fuel to the engine from idle up until about 4k rpm. Any higher rpm means the fuel is going to get drawn through the needle and main jet. So driving it hard at high rpm doesn't help those particular jets. I'd suggest you ride around town trying to maintain your rpm somewhere between 1K-4K so the treated fuel is flowing through the jets that need the cleaning. Don't expect the cleaner to be a miracle worker or an instant fix. Give it time to do it's thing but if after a full tank of mixed fuel you don't see improvement, it's time to pull the carbs and clean them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts