Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm just about to buy my Kawasaki Ninja 250 in lime.

I've just passed all my bike tests and was recommeneded it.

I currently have no pieces of clothing and don't really have a clue either.
I want clothing which will match with the bike and protect me aswell. Colour matching for example.

I will only be using the bike at the moment in fair/good conditions, not in the winter.

Unless you've got some better ideas? :) all pieces please.

So please help by giving suggestions and such, much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Go to your local shop, they should have a wide variety of helmets/jackets/gloves. Green is becoming more and more popular, so most manufacturers have that color to match. Kawasaki definitely does.

·
Registered
74 Posts
1) First, learn how to ride.
2) Don't buy matching gear.

If you are worring about how you will look on a bike which you don't have. You should re-elvaluate why you want to ride in the first place.

/thread.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Nothing wrong with wanting to look good...but I wouldn't buy gear that matches your bike...especially your first bike. What happens if your next bike is red?

Anyway, your local MC shops may or may not have a good selection...unfortunately, around here, there isn't much choice...I buy pretty much everything online.

One thing you absolutely cannot buy without trying on first is a helmet. Each helmet is designed for a different head shape, and trust me, if your head shape doesn't match the helmet's...it'll be painful (sometimes after only a couple minutes).

I'd buy cheap, versatile gear first: textile jacket, reinforced jeans (or textile overpants), work boots (over the ankle), and a decent set of gloves that'll stay on in a crash. Ride for awhile, then figure out exactly what you want or need. Your gear will accumulate over time to a nice arrangement of options for different riding conditions.

Also, if you haven't already, I'd HIGHLY recommend signing up for the MSF's beginner's riding course.

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Do what you can to not buy online, IMO, mainly with a helmet though. Helmets fit differently from one head to another, and different manufactures have different interpretations of what size is what. Best way is to try one on in a shop. If anything, try what you can on in a shop and then look for a good deal online.

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Also, it would really be helpful if you would fill in where you are in your profile. Maybe then someone in your area could give some specifics. But then again, since you haven't returned after only 1 post, chances are you're not really serious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts