Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Can somone please guide me if i could replace the cable myself it snapped at the bottom end and how I would go about it.
1)where do I get a new one?
2) how do I replace it

Thanks

PS just riding for a month...be nice....:icon_frow

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
The clutch cable has a connection where it can be adjusted on the bottom right side. Did it snapped off from there or did it completely broke? The dealer or ebay are a good choice to find them. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Dealer for the cable, I needed to get the bike up off the ground to get at the link on the bottom and taking off the muffler heat shields gave me room too. Those are easy to take off, they have a couple hose clamps that wrap the muffler and an allen bolt back at the Muffler itself that clamps the shield to the muffler. Take a close look at the cable and where it runs. After releasing the tension on the clutch handle you should be able to pull the old cable easy enough. I think it was easiest to come up from the bottom. Route the new cable where the old cable was fasten the bottom and put the top in the handle and adjust. Not hard to do and definitely easier then pushing the bike started and popping it into first and then shifting without it. Takes a 10 to 12 mm wrench I think and either a 5 or 6 mm allen wrench.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts