Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was thinking about buying this Kawasaki EX 250 NINJA - Must Sell
As you can see it looks like a bike made from parts bikes. I have the cash to pick it up tomorrow if i wanted. But im worried about the clutch cable and if its hard to replace myself with tihs being my first cycle. i woudl have the repair manual but thats really it. Also, im trying to decide if i should just wait 2 weeks and try to buy this. 2003 250R Ninja
I know i can talk this guy down to 1800 atleast, if not i wont buy it. But im gonna try to talk him down to 1600 if i decide to wait to get this. I wanna know what your guys opinions are and if i should go with the green one, which is my favorite color. Honstly im thinking i should wait and get the green one that i want that needs no work. But im so antsy to get a motorcycle i want the marble one now. please help me with opinions and what i should do lol.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
? Its down to 1500 now, and to be honest I wouldnt give him much more than that for it. All the bits might be in good condition but several bikes have been parted out to get all the pieces. Buyer beware.

I'd definitely ride it before I bought it. It could very well be an A1 bike.

·
Registered
157 Posts
IF the problem is only the clutch cable, the '94/'99 still seems a little on the high side. IF the clutch problem is the only problem, it isn't that tough to replace. Just disconnect both ends, zip tie the new one to the old one, and pull it through to make cable routing easier. The 2003 looks nice and at least has more of a known history. As the old saying goes though, "He who hesitates is lost". The asking price on the '03 isn't way out of line, in my opinion. If you can ****er a little, more power to you. But, to count on the bike still being around in a few weeks may be overly optomistic, as is a price reduction of almost a quarter of asking price.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats true but if i know what most people do, then i will deff be able to get the 03 for 1800 max. Because people figure out what they want to sell something for then they jack it up a bit so when someone is interested then can be safe because everyone going to buy is going to want to lowball. then when you go to buy something you decide what you want to pay then offer lower than that. To me this is a basic barter that is what usually takes place. I think im going to end up going after the 03. Its been waitin to sell since nov 29th, since it is still on craigslist, that means to me it hasnt sold. i realized that the Frankenstien bike isnt what i want. I want the green one becuase its my favorite color and its the bike i really want. According to the websites ive looked at for pricing, the 03 bottoms at about 1600 and highs at about 2100, so i think 1800 woudl be a good price and of course ill try for 1600 to try and save 200 so i can get tags and stuff instead of waitin to get paied again lol. I like the look of the 03 more also because its green and that is what attracted me to Kawasaki bikes, then i realized the high quality of them and want one even more, especially in green lol.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You might want to send a note to the owner of the 03 to make sure its still available before you set your sights on it. Some move and the posts aren't changed.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm, i found a 2000 black 250 for 1475 needs no work. think i might try to pick it up tomorrow.
I'm really anxious to get a 250. and i think i should try to get that one because i can save like 400+ dollars to do something else with. like get a nice riding jacket and stuff for the bike. I think ill get the money together tomorrow and go look at it properly instead of just being a crazy person and buying it without a proper check out

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, more opinions, this Red 2006 Ninja 250
or this 2000 Kawasaki Ninja 250
This is all about opinions, but the thing is im not really diggin the red, but omg, an 06. thta stands out alot to me over an 00. please, i need advice.

Edit: the thing i like about the 06 is that it shows me that is has been ridden, and that it hasnt been sitting like at all for a while. but with the 00 it seems like it has been sitting for a while and maybe was cleaned up and ridden for a bit. I honstly dont know what to do but im leanin more towards the 06, cuz ill know the carbs arent gummed up and need to be cleaned.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
It'll be your bike. Choose the best deal in your opinion. My .02 the lowest mileage newest bike you can afford. You'll be wanting a bigger bike in a year or two so you'll want to consider it's possible resale value. Color can be changed with a little effort and cost.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Never thought of that. and im acually paying for the ninja with my own money lol. but my mom said when im done with it she wants it lol. So it will be mine lol. I might just end up keeping it and just buying her one of her own.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the guy for the 06 only left an e-mail, ive sent him like 3 and he hasnt sent anything back yet ><. why would you not put a phone number ><, this is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm sorry, I didn't even notice the second link for the green one. Thats why I was confused in my post.

If the red one is gone, the 2000 only has 7900 miles on it, it's hardly broken in. It would make a great bike I'm sure, and you can probably get him down in price a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.