• Never.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my 89 zx6r eats clutch cables every 2 weeks or so and they're normaly 25$ from motorcycle stores, look up a go-cart place in ur town/city ask them if they carry universile throttle/clutch cables, i did that and its 10$ for the cable and a easy modify'n it to fit, just make sure u keep ur stock cable houseing (the black insulator arround the metal cable) and replace the warn broken metal cable inside with the new cable.. u gotta have alittle bit of mechanical skills to do it but yeah basic tools i used was some needle nose plyers, C clamp, Screw driver (flat head), sodder gun from radio shack n sodder, and u save 15$ and don't gotta wait for that sh!t to ship in if they gotta order it!!!

Whaa Laa

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im a daily rider

and wow this cable that i made seems to be holding up 100 times better, i think the previous cables have just rubbed on a funny spot inside the clutch lever.. an no i don't wax the cables or anything, but yeah the one i made is holding up better factory ones, it also held up when i dumped two nites ago

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: yeah im a daily rider

89ninjazx6r said:
an no i don't wax the cables or anything
Why wouldn't you do that? No wonder why your eating cables like crazy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts