Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
_-=ShAd0vVfAx=-_
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know in what position do the two shorter bolts of the clutch cover go on a 1992 zx750 and also the two of four shorter bolts on the hydraulic clutch plate on the other side of the engine that the hydraulic line connects to. Any help would be appreciated

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
they will only really work in one place... just like a clutch cover with 15 different bolts... they will all show about the same length that sticks out of the cover.l... if ya see one way shorter/longer than the rest then its in the wrong spot.... (3/8-1/2" sticking out is typical from what ive seen)

·
_-=ShAd0vVfAx=-_
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In this case thats not exactly true. i took them out to replace the gasket and i swear i put them back in the same spots but one of the shorter ones was not catching and would not tighten so i put a longer one where the shorter one was and it doesnt stick out. I wanted to know for sure cause i am one of those people that like to do everything perfect and 100% exact

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
they only stick out BEFORE you tighten them down lol .. if they are still sticking out AFTER you tighten it down then its in the wrong hole..... in your case you have a longer one where a shorter one went..... as long as you didnt strip any threads youll be ok.....
oh and im guessing youre a youngin cause youll come to realize soon enough in life that you CANT ALWAYS do everything perfect and 100% exact..... (just like what you wrote above , puncuation and capitalization) lol

·
_-=ShAd0vVfAx=-_
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you consider 26 young, then yes i am a youngin, and believe me, my spelling and grammar is horrible. Which is why i am 26 and in college. But thanks for the life lesson anyway. I know they stick out before you tighten them down, But with the new gasket and sealant its not easy to judge. The one smaller one I took out had metal shavings on it so I replaced it with a longer one. I did put them back in the exact order they came out, the one just must have been put in wrong in the first place. Oh, and I know I can't do everything 100%, believe me, I am far from perfect. If anyone thinks they are perfect then they must be full of themselves.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
i was just messing with ya and busting your chops... wasnt being an a$$ about it.... seems like you caught onto the sarcasim.... :mrgreen:
but if it had shavings on it then more than likely it was overtightened at one point and started to pull threads.. putting the longer bolt in caught new threads and you should be ok now....

·
Registered
522 Posts
Looking at a fiche m8 i'd say roughly the 1-o-clock and 2-o-clock positions.

Bet you've worked it out by now tho' eh :wink:

·
_-=ShAd0vVfAx=-_
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is were the original short screws went. So im just guessing the threads were stripped from the one hole. That's why I just placed a longer one in that position and put the shorter one in the longer ones place. Its all good now but thanks for all the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts