Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install a clutch cover on my 1994 ZX 600. when I put it all on it feels like the clutch is engaging but when I go to change gear it won't. When I am in first or second gear and try to hold the clutch in and push the bike it won't move cause the clutch is not working. Is there a trick to make sure the push rod is on the clutch . Is there a site that shows this. My bike has been sitting for awhile and I really miss it. please help.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
either you put it together wrong or the plates are stuck. was the clutch together the whole time with the cover off ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I took a picture of how the clutch rod should look for someone on another board... Here's how it is set up with mine (ZX600E). Pardon the mess, but you can see how the clutch rod connects into the clutch cover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cltuch

My clutch cover was off for awhile. It sat for a few months with it off. The plates? I read somewhere that I need to remove the clutch and soak? I have no clue what this means. I am at a dead stand till I can figure this out. Thanks for all the help.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
soaking the clutch just means you fill a pan with whatever oil you are using and throw the fiber plates in it for a while to soak. usually you only have to do this if the clutch is brand new but with your having sat it may need soaked for a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts