Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2003 EX250 off a guy with only 400 miles for a good price. Got a question about clutch lever adjustment. It's got the right amount of free play, but the clutch doesn't seem to have much movement during engagement/disengagement; that is, I can easily pull the clutch lever all the way in and let it out, but the clutch doesn't seem to grab until just about when its all the way out and then there is very little movement after (except for the freeplay, it seems). It may not be a problem, and I'm just used to a more progressive feeling clutch than one that is all or nothing. Any words of advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know my buddies clutch on his 02 gsxr is like butter squish compaired to my 85 gpz900r

But when I got my bike it was squish as well, and it didnt even have any feeling until about 3/4 into the lever.

This I wasnt digging so I just had a freind hold the bike straight up and bled the system and filled the resivoir to the full line WHILE THE BIKE IS STRAIGHT dont do it while on kickstand.

It took about 4 or 4 tries but now its nice and stiff.
I like it that way, no play in the lever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but EX250 is cable, not hydraulic, clutch. And my problem sounds opposite - clutch disengages about 1/16 into the lever pull and engages about the same place when let out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
IC IC if its brand new it probably just needs to be broken in, i.e. the clutch disc pressure plate and etc... plus the line will stretch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey do you guys know of a website that carries 1996 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R parts? no one seems to have older parts, I need to replace my clutch lever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts