Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!!

I've just aquired an 89 KDX200 (great fun!), when turning tight left, (ie. when stopping and turning round) the clutch slips. I am assuming this is just due to poor adjustment of the cable, question is, should there be a freeplay adjuster on the clutch cable or does it just adjust on top of the clutch???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Antony Green
Ay Gee Geddit!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 03 kx250 that had a problem like that. found out that when I turned right it did the same thing and it was the handlebars were to high off the bike and the clutch lever was to far out. And when you turned right the cable would tighten up and pull the clutch lever in. check to make sure the cable isnt tight turning both ways while you have it on a stand . you might have to adjust it. You should have play in the cable when turned all the way lef or right.... good luck muckyman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is pulling the clutch in but so far i've loosened the clutch cable (to the limits) at both ends and although better, it still slips. Does anyone know the correct routing of the clutch cable? I am wondering if it is wrongly routed hence tightening the cable as the bars are turned...

Cheers all

Aygee

·
Registered
11 Posts
you might see if thats the right cable for the bike
try routing it in different ways to see whats best
goodluck muckyman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts