Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!! My son rides a 03 kx65. we have been thru 5 clutches in 4 weeks. Problems started when put a moose basket in. Just switched out everything, new:hubs,plates,fibers,basket(stock) and boss. everything oem except ebc plates fibers and springs. have used maxima/bell ray and amsoil. No problems in the past, when switched everything today went back to maxima. Learned that metal plates are directional, they have rounded side and flat side, I have put the flat side towards the inner basket.
Does anyone have any ideas or been thru this? 4 of the times the clutches went out 1 or 2 fibers were totally gone. Today when went out, we noticed it slipping and ran out of adjustment up top and on the bottom, took it appart and all fibers still looked good????replaced everything but the cable which is still good. we always keep plenty of play in cable. Any help would be appreciated. I hope it was the moose basket, I only took the stock basket out because we had one explode on another bike. Put stock basket back in.
Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
CLUTCH

Instead of riding it...try putting hte bike in second or third and lettin gthe clutch out while applying throttle. YOu should not be able to make hte clutch slip...just like on a car or truck...if it is then you can stop and take another look at things. I have run AMSOIL in bikes and NEVER had a problem with clutches...so it must be the clutch itself...My old Kawi 175 was awesome when I switched over to the AMSOIL...It was like day and night difference in performance for me...Good luck and let us know what you find...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, rode 2 laps on all new parts with exception of activator, used up all play in the cable???? changed cable and have ordered new activator. One thing I noticed...even with plenty of play on the lever/cable it moves the activator????I guess that is normal as the 85 does the same. If I didnt have a consious I would sell it and get a new one. I am really over this clutch problem. This is at least our 10th bike and the only one with clutch probs, currently have 3 others with no problems so it's not riding style????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts