Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happens again, this morning I was box by two cars and trying to get out I gun down the gas to move out of a dificult situation an dcluthc slip. We where up shifting was on 3 gear reaching 38mph when accelerate, shift to 4 at 45 and slip again. later on red light take off hard on gas and no slip on any gears. I know my classic 1600 don't need clutch, but maybe stronger pressure plate? whats your oppinions:-o :-o :-o Ps. I know the 1600 vulcan classic is a cruiser not a drag or racing bike but I want it to respond with no laging.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
maybe its out of adjustment?

wrong oil?

worn out?

or you get it too hot at times and its slipping?

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
buy a Barnett spring from your local independent bike shop. Pretty simple install if you have any mechanical abilities. The clutch on the 1500/1600 almost never go out...

The Barnett part number is 502-00-01025 by the way... That is for the heavy duty version...

good luck..

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buy a Barnett spring from your local independent bike shop. Pretty simple install if you have any mechanical abilities. The clutch on the 1500/1600 almost never go out...

The Barnett part number is 502-00-01025 by the way... That is for the heavy duty version...

good luck..
:)

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
Another possibility is that you are using an automotive oil that has "energy saving additives" that will cause a motorcycle wet clutch to slip.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your info. Was looking at Gadge's Fix page they post a fix to this spring problem, They recomend use Mean streak spring. Any comment on this

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
No!! I always use kawa oil and cluth don't slip with normal use I ride daily
Well good...just hoping it was an easier fix that replacing the spring. Good luck with your repair!

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
The Barnett HD is basically the same as the Mean Streak spring. In our experience the Barnett HD is a little more heavy duty...

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
NOTE: When using a heavier clutch spring you may notice a heavier pull at the clutch lever.

·
Nobody Home
1,768 Posts
The 1500 Mean Streak (has to be the 1500 MS) spring is a nice improvement without a big increase in lever pull. part # 92145-1449

·
Registered
357 Posts
I did the mean streak spring and judges washers a few months ago and I love it. He is a good guy and will walk you through any questions. My 1600 classis kept sliping and I kept changing oil type with some results. I did the whole job alone in 4 hrs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did the mean streak spring and judges washers a few months ago and I love it. He is a good guy and will walk you through any questions. My 1600 classis kept sliping and I kept changing oil type with some results. I did the whole job alone in 4 hrs.
Hey I'm back Want to clarify: Your clutch keep sliping after changing spring? That's something really tuff, right.

·
Lets Ride!
442 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts