Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:
In the recent past I had a few problems with a slipping clutch on my 2009 KL250 Super Sherpa. But yesterday, after riding a few miles, I noticed the clutch taking a long time before engaging completely in the higher gears at higher speed. The engine would run at increased rpms until finally the clutch would grip. I stopped the bike and noticed that the lever was tight, even though I checked the proper lever play the day before. I had to turn the adjuster all the way in and even loosen the mid-cable adjuster nut for more play. Does that mean that the clutch plates are drastically worn within just a few miles? My bike is 8 months old and has 4500 miles on it. A clutch should last longer then that with reasonable usage of the bike. Shouldn't warranty cover that?

Greetings and happy holidays to all,
Peter

·
Patriot Guard Rider
562 Posts
Hi All:
In the recent past I had a few problems with a slipping clutch on my 2009 KL250 Super Sherpa. But yesterday, after riding a few miles, I noticed the clutch taking a long time before engaging completely in the higher gears at higher speed. The engine would run at increased rpms until finally the clutch would grip. I stopped the bike and noticed that the lever was tight, even though I checked the proper lever play the day before. I had to turn the adjuster all the way in and even loosen the mid-cable adjuster nut for more play. Does that mean that the clutch plates are drastically worn within just a few miles? My bike is 8 months old and has 4500 miles on it. A clutch should last longer then that with reasonable usage of the bike. Shouldn't warranty cover that?

Greetings and happy holidays to all,
Peter
Im guessing almost any manufacturer would consider a clutch a "wear item".....and I doubt its covered under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.