Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up!! I have a problem that I need help with!! I have a 1998 kx125 and I just installed a new clutch and basket on it. The problem I have is that the when I pull in the clutch the clutch lever will not return to it normal position. The actuator arm on the casing will not spring back. By looking at the manual It looks like the clutch springs are what returns the actuator arm??? Which then brings the clutch lever back to it normal position. I have the clutch calbe adjusted all the way out and it is still very very sloppy. Its almost like their should be a spring on the actuator arm inside the casing that pushes it back. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New cable and clutch i am guessing that it might be the rod that slides thru the clutch basket????

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
You need to adjust both. Behind the small cover opening on the left engine cover is a screw with a locknut. Loosen the locknut, turn the screw in to the right until it gets snug, then back it out 1/2 turn and retighten the locknut. The rest of the slack in the cable should be taken up at the cable adjuster in the center of the cable sheath and at the lever adjuster with the knurled finger nut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts