Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several days ago I sent an e-mail to Cobra asking if they had a light bar to fit the 2009 1700 Nomad. Mike Lance of Cobra customer service responded "We do not have a lightbar but we make two styles of luggage racks that attach to the OEM sissy bar. Go to the Cobra web site and you can get the part # 's to order the one you like from your local dealer or call one of the mail order stores. Thanks for asking Cobra, ride safe." Today my other inquiry to a web store I frequently purchase accessories from gave me the Cobra part number for the new light bar and today it's on sale plus free shipping.:lol: It looks just like the Kawasaki light bar to me but it cost $191.29 less than theirs and I don't have to pay taxes through my local dealer! I wonder why Mike wasn't aware that his company does in fact produce a light bar for the new Nomad? It pays to shop around. ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
There was another 1700 Nomad owner that bought the cobra one but said it didnt fit as Cobra had designed it using the 1700 classic with no lowers on it. (04-0465 which used to say it fit the Nomad in the PDF install guide) They didnt think to check the Nomad for fitment before listing the applications. To make it work the lowers had to come off as the signal lights interfered with the lowers so he returned it. What part number did yo look into? or did they correct this fitment issue. (I see they changed the PDF and took out the Nomad application on the 04-0465 Still nothing listed on the Cobra website specific to the 1700Nomad.)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was another 1700 Nomad owner that bought the cobra one but said it didnt fit as Cobra had designed it using the 1700 classic with no lowers on it. (04-0465 which used to say it fit the Nomad in the PDF install guide) They didnt think to check the Nomad for fitment before listing the applications. To make it work the lowers had to come off as the signal lights interfered with the lowers so he returned it. What part number did yo look into? or did they correct this fitment issue. (I see they changed the PDF and took out the Nomad application on the 04-0465 Still nothing listed on the Cobra website specific to the 1700Nomad.)
Oh Crap....thanks for the heads-up Dr NO. I've just asked for a verification from where I purchased it and to cancel my order if it won't fit. I appreciate your alert....I'll let you know the outcome! It pays to participate on this forum!!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I contacted CruiserCustomizing and they hadn't shipped yet (thank goodness) so they refunded my money and said they would take the lightbar off their website for the Nomad. I ordered the Kawasaki lightbar from the dealer and oddly they don't even have it listed in their catalog for the '09 Nomad..he had to go on-line to Kawasaki to order it. It appears to me that Kawasaki doesn't much give a hoot about accessories for their bikes!!!

Thanks again DrNo for the heads up...saved me a lot of heart ache.

·
Registered
167 Posts
No problem, I almost did the same thing this fall lol. Im ordering the Kawi one in Jan or feb. Up here they might be a bit more hungery after the Xmas season is over. Hoping my negotiation skills arent to rusty.

Would you mind posting some pics of it installed ? Id really appreciate it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem, I almost did the same thing this fall lol. Im ordering the Kawi one in Jan or feb. Up here they might be a bit more hungery after the Xmas season is over. Hoping my negotiation skills arent to rusty.

Would you mind posting some pics of it installed ? Id really appreciate it.
Will do! I've also ordered the chrome engine cover plate, and have ordered the ironsinthefire luggage rack. Once I've installed them I'll shoot a picture. I've already replaced the black plastic passenger floorboard covers with the chrome ones from the '08 Nomad and have added the Vulcan badge from the Vulcan 2000 to the back of the passenger seat back rest. I've just about added all of the personal touches that makes it feel like it's mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.