Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are awesome!

They look very high quality. Seem to be top materials. Very solid and symetrical. The tips are flat out amazing.

The sound is exactly what I was looking for. Blurbuly. Very low and rumbly. Sounds like a much bigger bike now. My riding buddy has a Warrior (is a one hundred and something ci) with V&H and his bike does not sound bigger than mine.

As far as the volume, they are just slightly too loud. You know, perfect when I am trying to be heard and too loud when I'm pulling in at 2 am.

Overall, I am very happy with these pipes.

·
-=V=-
245 Posts
Those are great sounding pipes . Two of my buddies have them one on a 750 Shadow and the other on a 1100 Star . There are two isues with them to keep track of . 1 - the tips can come loose and fly off ( use thread locker ) 2 - Now I don't know if this is just becouse we live in a damp climate but both of then have hat the chrome pit and flake on the tips after only a season of riding . Luckily Cobra does have a good warranty .

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are great sounding pipes . Two of my buddies have them one on a 750 Shadow and the other on a 1100 Star . There are two isues with them to keep track of . 1 - the tips can come loose and fly off ( use thread locker ) 2 - Now I don't know if this is just becouse we live in a damp climate but both of then have hat the chrome pit and flake on the tips after only a season of riding . Luckily Cobra does have a good warranty .
Well, thats bad news. I hope they dont flake.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
You certainly pay for the warranty, which is lifetime. Not that it's convienent to send them back and get them replaced.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Does anybody knows how loud Dragsters are in Db? I am torn betwen them and custom made exhaust, but because of stupid noise law they can't be louder than 95db wich is what it says on the frame.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
Not sure exactly, but I would imagine at full throttle they are significantly louder then 95 db. You could always replace the baffles with quiet baffles.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are certainly loud, but I cant tell you how many db's. Maybe if you called Cobra, they would tell you.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not sure exactly, but I would imagine at full throttle they are significantly louder then 95 db. You could always replace the baffles with quiet baffles.
From video clips on Youtube i would say they're waaay past 95 on full throttle :mrgreen: But when they measure loudness they put the instrument about 90cm(if i remember right)behind the exhaust, at 45 degrees angle on the side and rev the engine to the RPM's stamped on the frame, next to the Db level. Of course, it will be interesting to see policeman hit just the right RPM on Vulcan :mrgreen:

·
Registered
282 Posts
can you get the dragsters' in black powdercoated? Or do you have to have them powdercoated yourself?
I think that you would have to powdercoat them yourself. Trashman did an excellent job on his, they look amazing.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Now I don't know if this is just becouse we live in a damp climate but both of then have hat the chrome pit and flake on the tips after only a season of riding . Luckily Cobra does have a good warranty .
yeah, i've had a bit of pitting and flaking on the tips.

Cobra sent me some new ones.... can't remember if i even had to send the old ones back :confused:

it happens...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts