Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to purchase a new pair of Cobra Dragsters for my 900 Classic. I was wondering if I needed to purchase a new processors or not. Could you just adjust the stock processors setting to match the after market pipes? Thanks.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
You do not need to add an aftermarket fuel mgmt. processer with the addition of pipes. Just bolt them on and ride, it will all be fine.
If you decide to replace the air intake, then you will need to add some sort of fuel mgmt. processoer (ie. Power Commander, or TFI) as well.

·
Ridden like a Ford!
4,063 Posts
you dont need a fuel managment system. it wouldnt be a bad idea to get one tho. i added a PCIII to my bike only for peace of mind to richen the mixture a bit. the bikes come alittle lean from factory to pass EPA laws

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
you dont need a fuel managment system. it wouldnt be a bad idea to get one tho. i added a PCIII to my bike only for peace of mind to richen the mixture a bit. the bikes come alittle lean from factory to pass EPA laws
The early Vulcan 2000's (04 anyways) are notoriously rich from the factory.
I've heard from at least one 04 V2K'er that replaced the air intake, and had the feul ratio checked to find it perfect............without the addition of any fuel mgmt. system.

Me? I've got a PCIII sitting on the shelf and Santa is bringing me a BAK air kit for Christmas. Can't wait to get her dialed in a bit more.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
The deal with bikes these days is that they come from the factory set very lean. An after market fuel processor will help get the air/fuel ratio more in line.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but it is worth the $200 bucks to buy one (I can't find them anywhere cheaper), or can I go without...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts