Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting the Fi2000R when I get my Cobra Slashdowns.

Does anyone here have the Fi2000R and what do you think of it? What did you notice from it?

·
08 Vulcan 900
98 Posts
I have it set up with some cobra swept pipes. It is really easy to install and tune. Once you get it dialed in, no worries! I think it is less expensive than the other ones to! Hope this helps

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
Fi2000r is easy as adh4545 says however with easy you sacrifice functionality. The Power Commander will allow you to dial your bike in much more accurately and with much greater flexibility when tuning either for performance or fuel economy or a combination of the both. As with easy there is a draw back to all this functionality and that is the cost. PCs should be installed and configured by a professional (preferably on a dyno).

Good luck which ever way you go..

·
Still having fun!
469 Posts
I got one & could never really get it dialed in. I took it off my bike & have it for sale. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have the cobra too..works great..easy to dial in. If your going to add one item at a time..pipes..dial it in..intake..redial..etc. The factory settings are good but a road trip with a bit of fiddling will fine the sweet spots..John

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Everyone..I just installed my Cobra Speedster Swepts and get a little popping when I roll ON the throttle. I will be getting my FI2000R next week. I see some of you had the same popping at roll on problem and did the marbling AND the FI2000R to correct it. I've never done this FI2000R thing and am wondering if any of you have had to change from the factory settings to fix this same issue?? If so...what did you set it at??? HELP!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2010 and also the swepts. Where'd you end up setting the pots? I've been asking as many riders as I can so I have an idea of where to start. Thanks!

·
2007 Nomad
7 Posts
Got one on a 07 Nomad. OEM pipes...smooths shifting out with lots of power. Heavy load...37-39 mpg. Cobra settings 3-5-0

·
V 2win
444 Posts
Love mine, took the ping out right away, easy install & adjust . i've since suggested them to HD guys & they & their wrenches love them too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts