Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of the Cobra Swept Floorboards for my 04 MeanStreak. Me being compulsive as i am, i entered a "Make an Offer" on a new set on ebay and ended up winning them so i guess i get to see how they are.

I just didnt like the stock pegs that well, to far forwards i thought...

Anyone else ran them before?? How'd ya like em.

eBay Motors: 02-05 VN 1500P VN1600B Mean Streak cobra floorboard kit (item 250188232206 end time Nov-21-07 05:18:16 PST)
Thats a $100 under what they are listed on cruisercustomizing.com for so i figured that's a good deal...Right??

·
Registered
297 Posts
A friend had floorboards on his Suzuki and loved them. I am not a floorboard man so I bought switchblade pegs for my meanie to replace the stock pegs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A friend had floorboards on his Suzuki and loved them. I am not a floorboard man so I bought switchblade pegs for my meanie to replace the stock pegs.
Hey there okiecop, thanks for the reply. As for being a Floorboard guy, i've never been a floorboard guy either. Hell, i've never been a V-Twin Cruiser guy at all but I decided I was ready for a comfortable ride to keep me outta trouble.

On another totally unrelated topic, its kinda funny, i assume your an "Oklahoma Cop" due to your name... I'm a Kansas Cop and bought the bike last friday from an Okie guy, Burlington, OK to be exact. Just another useless bit of information I had no reason to throw out there but WTF.

:cool:

·
AKA Gravel Girl <Lola>
3,955 Posts
I have Kuryakyn floorboards on my Meanie. I love em.

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
They'll look good on the Mean Streak because they have a sporty shape to them and they're chromed. If you used floorboards from a Nomad or Classic, they'd look out of place. I was never a fan of floorboards then when I got the Classic I found they give you some options of foot placement which is nice on longer rides.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hey there okiecop, thanks for the reply. As for being a Floorboard guy, i've never been a floorboard guy either. Hell, i've never been a V-Twin Cruiser guy at all but I decided I was ready for a comfortable ride to keep me outta trouble.

On another totally unrelated topic, its kinda funny, i assume your an "Oklahoma Cop" due to your name... I'm a Kansas Cop and bought the bike last friday from an Okie guy, Burlington, OK to be exact. Just another useless bit of information I had no reason to throw out there but WTF.

:cool:

Yeah, I am an Oklahoma Cop in Lawton. I am assigned to Crime Stoppers as the investigator. What a gig!! Never heard of Burlington. Is it close to the KS/OK border? BTW, you'll love the mean streak. I just did Caddman Air mod to mine this afternoon. My God, it sure opens it up and lets it get some much needed air in it's throat. Hope you have lots of money, the mods and bling never stop!

What city do you work for in KS?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Burlington was a small town about 15 miles NorthEast of Alva, OK. The guy just put my bike on CycleTrader.com last Thursday, i found it Friday morning around 3am in the morning. I think i got a pretty good deal, its an 04, 8k miles, V&H Pipe, Short Sissybar, and i'd rate its condition a 9 outta 10. He was asking $6000, i got it for $5800. KellyBlue Book shows it retailing for $7260. I don't think that was bad.

As for work, I just left the Kinsley, Kansas PD going over to the Sheriff's Department, (Edwards County) as a deputy. I was a Patrol Sergeant on the PD. I'm still working at the PD part-time to help fund bling-bling for the bike. A few area cops and me and my g/f are trying to plan a trip to Daytona Bike Week and i figure i need to get this thing the most comfortable that i can.

Its a little weird for me getting used to Big Cruiser V-Twin sound, but its growin on me really quick.

·
AKA Gravel Girl <Lola>
3,955 Posts
do you have any dragging issues in corners?
No I don't...at least not to date. A more aggressive rider might have to deal with dragging. Even if is does happen, floorboards are designed to handle it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts