Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
U.S. Army Sgt. Vet.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any members or mechanics out there can give me any info/opinions on which direction to go. I have custom exhausts and Baron big air intake on my Vulcan Custom 900. Noticing some pop on accel let off. Not bad and not all the time. Some of the guys that have some other customs I know said i need to have the computer updated for these items. I was leaning more toward the Power Commander IV since i can updated it on my computer when I make changes to the bike. They do cost about a hundred more, but seem to be more configurable. Any thoughts pros/cons.

Thanks in advance!

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
The PC is a better unit since it has a broader programming range. I went with the Cobra due to cost. You can't eliminate the popping in all of the 900's. The popping is excess fuel being ignited in the exhaust. If the bike has been marbled check the exhaust donut for leaks. Fresh air entering the exhaust will cause the pop. You can control most of the popping by gently letting off the throttle. I'm not aware of any computer update to eliminate the problem. The PC and Cobra can only add more fuel, they can't reduce fuel below the bike's computer. More fuel can lead to more popping unless the system is too fuel rich to ignite.

·
U.S. Army Sgt. Vet.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dyno Jet it is! Got it on order from 411parts.com The Power Commander V only set me back 278.55 with free shipping... Can't Wait. Now that I got the Baron Big air on now i can tune the exhaust and air...

·
U.S. Army Sgt. Vet.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its on and has really made a difference in the back popping on deceleration. Very responsive. I contacted there tech support and the advanced map was the best fit for my setup. Now if the weather would just cooperate enough to really take it out other then around the block I could report a little better! Is there a thread yet for the new Power Commander V? Maybe I start one to share maps and stuff???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.