Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Proud Hokie!!
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering - will a Cobra lightbar fit on a 2007 VN900 Classic that has a Memphis Shades quick release windscreen installed?

Thanks in advance - Ned

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Someone will be along to answer your question Ned. sorry, I have the Classic LT.
I like the hard bags on your bike.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Don't know how much help I'll be.

Have an '07 900 Classic LT. Had the shop install a Cobra light bar and it went on fine with the Kawi windshield. Plenty of adjustment space between the windshield and the spotlight housings. The shop first put on the Kawi light bar, but the down hanging turn signals on the Kawi hit my Cobra highway bars at the extreme stops.

Had an '02 800 Classic with a Memphis Fats. The same shop took 2 1/2 days to put on a set of light bars. Not sure who's light bars they were, but they look like they might be Kawis. Also can't remember (and didn't understand) what all they went through. I recall they said something about having to turn the mounting bracket upside down and mount it at the bottom of the triple tree instead of the Cobra specified location. Does that make sense?

Rode it that way for nearly 10,000 miles before swapping it for the 900 and nothing came loose or dropped off!!

First attachment is of the 800 and the second of the 900.

Attachments

·
MadMac
246 Posts
There is a lightbar relocation plate made by Cobra for use of their lightbars with Memphis Shades windshields. Just ran acrossed it yesterday while trying to solve the Cobra/Memphis Shades problem on my wife's 900 Classic. It moves the lightbar forward just enough to clear the windshield. I don't have the part number handy at the moment though.

·
Proud Hokie!!
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EXCELLENT! Thanks for the info, MadMac - at least I now know what to look for!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im doing the same thing with mine.After hours emailing cobra and memphis shades, they both said it will work, and reading forums, I went ahead and ordered them.If for some reason they do have clearance problems,Ill just cut the windsheild with a hole saw. I saw a bike in town like that and it lookedgood

·
Patriot Guard Rider - PA
326 Posts
You can not worry about retro fitting a Cobra lightbar and use the Big Bike Parts lightbar - fits like a champ on the '07 Classic and the Memphis shield w/Quick Release mounts. :b

·
SKIPSTER
15 Posts
Just stopped by my dealer today for some other stuff and my sales guy stopped me to say that he got in a light bar that he thought would fit with my Memphis shades (i have a slim model) -- it is a OEM one from Kawasaki, it is slightly wider (1" each side) than the others that I've been looking at..he took it out of the package and we held it up to the bike, it is gonna clear with no problems---no mods--I just didn't have to $$$$ on me to bring it home....sorry but I don't remember the part #....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Memphis Shades Fats 19 and a Cobra Lightbar on my VN900. I took a dremel and a right angle grinder and cut/shaved down my windshield brackets on both the bike and the shield dramatically and re-drilled the holes on the brackets attached to the windshield. It works now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts