Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vegas Vulcan
1,161 Posts
Pipes look great! You should change the turn signal lenses to Kuryakyn Deep Dish bezels. They would really sharpen up the rear of the bike and they would practically match the pipes. Product Page

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice lookin pipes..very clean looking. What did you do with the fi controller? Are you going to do anything with the intake?..Keep us posted. I really like the looks of the cobra/duals compared to V/N.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sweet pipes. Music to your ears !!!

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
Pics came out great!!! Thanks for posting. The pipes look spectabulous!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not going to do anything to the FI at this time. I have been running it with the goat bladder gutted and baffles drilled out. I haven't had any problems. I might go to a K & N filter. I haven't been able to ride with the new pipes due to snow. But if I have a lot of popping I will consider the Cobra FI module.

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Nice looking pipes. How are you liking the sound???

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm not going to do anything to the FI at this time. I have been running it with the goat bladder gutted and baffles drilled out. I haven't had any problems. I might go to a K & N filter. I haven't been able to ride with the new pipes due to snow. But if I have a lot of popping I will consider the Cobra FI module.
If you get the deceleration popping, do the marble trick on the hose coming from the reed valves. I learned that lesson already with my meanie and a friends 07 nomad.

It sure looks good with those pipes!

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
<snip> I haven't been able to ride with the new pipes due to snow. But if I have a lot of popping I will consider the Cobra FI module.
I was about to ask why you took the pictures in the garage instead of outside in the sunshine. Now I know, it's because you would have had to keep brushing the snow off the bike. :eek:

The pipes look GREAT. Let us know how you like the sound. I wish I could get several Nomads side by side with Cobras, V&H, Roadhouse, etc. to really get a good comparison on the sound.

Ride safe (when you again can ride :redface: )

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't quite figured out where to keep the snow brush and ice scraper on the bike. Plus the roads would be a little bit of a challenge without snow tires. :) The pipes sound great in the garage. They are a little bit load when you crank on it but I think they will be mellow when cruising. The have baffles the full length of the mufflers but you can look straight through them. Also where do you find the information on the marbles because I don't have too many left....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts