Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have quality concerns about there Chrome plating?
I have a back rest that I bought online from a Great Company,
in mid september, Store my bike indoors, got rained on 1 time,
the welds on the brackets that hold the Pad on, are all rusted? looks like poor
chroming,
not sure of any warranty, Any input before I tie up the Phone lines with these people?

thanks

Dave

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have their license plate relocator kit for the meanie, been on all summer and about 6Kmi and haven't had any issues with it. I'd be surprised if it's a common failure given Cobra's reputation and volume but you never know...can't hurt to whine a little, all they can keep saying is no and you're no further behind but I'll bet they do something to help you out. Be interested to find out.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
i would say to give them a call. as flynsouth mentioned, they do have a good reputation and it could be just a fluke. the only exposure to Cobra i have had is with their pipes, and while they weren't what i wanted, i didn't have any problems with the finish. good luck, and keep us informed on how they treat you.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Update with Cobra

Verified warranty with the Company I bought from (DK)
90 day warranty with Cobra,

Ok spoke to Cobra guy, told him my product was 120 days old,
Very polite and courteous, Gave me an RMA to return the piece
and they would do something, He was interested in the quality of the weld and chrome plating.
Will send it off and see what happens

Dave

·
Registered
308 Posts
I also have a Cobra backrest and it has held up very well, no signs of any rust or bad chroming, probably just an isolated incident, sounds like they are taking care of it?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have a Cobra backrest and brackets, 2 years and 22K miles, and they look as though the copper plating is showing through in a couple of places. The main place is where my T-bag goes on so I guess that is to be expected. But, the F&S chrome parts seem to hold up better (as does the V&H chrome and Pro-one and Arlen Ness).

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

cobra has absolutley had quality issues over the past few years
i've several early failures in the chrome on different pieces
its like a batch here and a batch there comes out below standard
they do have a decent rep but i feel QC needs to be addressed

in my worthless opinion :wink:

·
Registered
159 Posts
cobra Chrome

Never had a problem with COBRA, but did find some very bad chroming done when I bought some BUY KaWASAKI parts. Yellowed portions of chrome on backrest brackets, very poor welds and pitted chrome on dresser bars and grind marks under chrome. Poor quality. I was surprised, the bike was flawless. I guess they have an outside company doing their accessories for them. They took them back, but I just dont need the hastle. Cant go wrong with COBRA.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

cobra has done chrome for kaw,and so have some other companys
but the failures i saw were mostly engine gaurds done by cobra and they
were really bad-but i guess it could happen to any mfg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts