Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I may be ready to pull the trigger on some pipes. I have been going back and forth between dragsters and slashdowns for a few months, then about a week ago, i seen a 900 bobber on here with the shorts when i searched. However i couldnt find any customs with shorts. Does anyone have any pics of theirs?

Also i have been kicking around the 2000R and pcIII decision.

I know this has been heavily discussed and i know the pcIII is far more flexible. But really Im going to be adding cobra pipes and a bak and that is it. I just want to be able to get my ride set once for smoothness and im happy. You think the 2000R is capable of getting me what i want? I ask b/c if i can save 80 bucks or so, then i will. Is the 2000r set like the pcIII, like off the computer or do you just hook it up and adjust at the unit?

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump for a new day. I dived into the hundreds of topics last night after i searched and think that 2000R might be ok for me.

Still would like to know about them cobra shorts!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hey Chris.
I have the Fi2000. Diffrence with the R is only the connector ease.
It adjusts with 3 pots. Low RPM, mid, and High. EASY to adjust. PCIII is more flexable, intricate, etc and nicer but PC is needed.
I have BAK and 2-1 pipes and the FI2000 works great.

If you want the most power out of your 900 Custom go with the 2-1 HP pro pipes~~~~~

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks John, I am still very much in the air, but think i will go with the 2000r

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Hey Chris,
I've got the fi2000r with dragsters on my custom but I'll agree with plasma blue in that if you want the most performance out of pipes then go with the 2 into 1. I chose the dragsters because I like the look and was willing to give up a little on HP.

As far as the fi2000 or the PCIII, yes the PC has more finesse but you need to download new maps from a computer or pay to have the bike dyno tested, before I bought I read through postings here of members having a tough time fniding a map that worked with their bike. Where as with the fi2000 all you have to do is pull the seat and turn knobs, it took an hour or so of tweeking and riding (much more fun than downloading IMHO) but it has made a GOOD bit of difference in the bikes performance. Not saying the Cobra is the do all end all but it seemed to work a lot better within my budget for now, some day I may opt to spend the extra cash on better FI managment and dyno testing but for now the cobra is doing a great job.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, very insightful. I really like the looks of the shorts or the dragsters. I'm willing to take a little performance hit as the 2 into 1's just arent really my style.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got the Cobra Slashdowns (for a 900 Custom, the shorts were on my list as well) coming this week along with a FI2000R... I had the same exact debate about the PCIII when I was ordering and ended up going with the FI200R... While its great to be able to plug a laptop into the PCIII and upload maps, it really was a feature I could live with out. Even more so when I could get nearly the same gains for a lot less $$$ with the 2000. (The New PCIIIs can be adjusted with out a computer if I am not mistaken, there are 3 buttons on them similar to the FI2000 pots) It is also of note that the FI2000 should come already set for the cobra pipes (if not one phone call would probably land you decent settings). IMO if you do not intend to do major motor changes (just pipes, intake ect) the FI2000 is more than adequate. If you are going to strap on every power adding aftermarket part and want to do several dyno runs, you may be able to get a little more out of the PCIII.
I am also with you... the 2-into-1's are not for me either... The Speedster shorts,longs, and slashdowns have that "power Port" which supposedly gives some of the 2-1 exhaust gains... food for thought.

·
Registered
182 Posts
These are on DH 900LT.
They are the cobra slashdown short.
They sound great!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think they just added that section because it wasnt there a few weeks ago. When I was comparing V&H and Cobra, V&H had pics of them on the custom, but for cobra the pics were all on the classic. They also added some sound clips on the classic page for most of the pipes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts