Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put new pipes on my bike before it gets warm. and i was thinking about the Cobra Speedster Slashdowns. Any thoughts on this do not know much about other brands. any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have them on my bike and love them. If you find them to be to loud you can always buy aftermarket Quiet baffles. I have two types of Quiet baffles for mine and will be putting them both in this spring because our police force is cracking down on louder pipes this year. If you'd like, I can email you a picture of my bike with them on

·
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have them on my bike and love them. If you find them to be to loud you can always buy aftermarket Quiet baffles. I have two types of Quiet baffles for mine and will be putting them both in this spring because our police force is cracking down on louder pipes this year. If you'd like, I can email you a picture of my bike with them on
PLEASE DO [email protected]

·
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is that your bike? if so did you get more power from the pipes ? and thank you for the pic

the search function is a wonderful thing[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
20,607 Posts
it's FL Vulcan Rider's bike.

I have the Cobra Shorts.
It's a lot louder but i doubt you'll notice any kind of power increase from just the pipes.

It's a cruiser not a race-tuned sportsbike :lol:

·
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's FL Vulcan Rider's bike.

I have the Cobra Shorts.
It's a lot louder but i doubt you'll notice any kind of power increase from just the pipes.

It's a cruiser not a race-tuned sportsbike :lol:
thank you. i am not looking for power was just wondering. i am very happy with the bike's power.

·
Registered
20,607 Posts
:) you'll be happy then.
I think they're supposed to sound very close to my Short pipes... in which case you'll be grinning from ear to ear. But you might wanna pick up some earplugs too for longer rides.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Do you guys just go looking for things to correct? Regardless , they are louder and have a sharper bark than the slashdowns. Perhaps its because of the tip on the end. Not really sure. Perhaps they have different baffles in them but I doubt that.
Anything else i've stated incorrectly? Perhaps I've misspelled something or put a comma in the wrong part of my sentence! Sheesh!

·
Premium Member
4,767 Posts
Do you guys just go looking for things to correct? Regardless , they are louder and have a sharper bark than the slashdowns. Perhaps its because of the tip on the end. Not really sure. Perhaps they have different baffles in them but I doubt that.
Anything else i've stated incorrectly? Perhaps I've misspelled something or put a comma in the wrong part of my sentence! Sheesh!
Who corrected you buddy?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.