Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am going to do it. Tommrow I will be ordering the Slashdowns for my 900. Thinking of also getting PC V and Barrons big Air Kit too, will have to see how much it wil cost me. Thanks to all who have given me info on pipes in my other posts. Pics will come once they are on.

·
Wild Rebels MC
154 Posts
I have them and love them - I got the Cobra Quiet baffles and they sound awesome and they totally removed the small bit of backfiring I had - then I WRECKED MY BIKE!!! but that is another story :)

·
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i did it, ordered them on sat. as soon as they come in my dealer will put them on and call me. thanks to all who helped me make the decision.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
They're very easy to install. I'll probably take you maybe 30-45 minutes tops with just a few simple tools.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
did you get the Power Commander? Or the Cobra unit?

and really, you'll save another $100 or so by putting the pipes & BAK on yourself. It isn't hard at all.
They come with instructions, and all you need is a wrench/socket set/screwdriver.

post some pics when done :D

·
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you get the Power Commander? Or the Cobra unit?

and really, you'll save another $100 or so by putting the pipes & BAK on yourself. It isn't hard at all.
They come with instructions, and all you need is a wrench/socket set/screwdriver.

post some pics when done :D
just the pipes if the dealer puts them on it will not void the warranty. and i have the five year one so better safe than sorry for me.

·
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have them and love them - I got the Cobra Quiet baffles and they sound awesome and they totally removed the small bit of backfiring I had - then I WRECKED MY BIKE!!! but that is another story :)
sorry to hear about your accident

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
just the pipes if the dealer puts them on it will not void the warranty. and i have the five year one so better safe than sorry for me.
*shrugs*

i dunno the specifics of your warranty.

i figure the Kawasaki warranty for the exhaust only covers a problem with the exhaust... and you get a lifetime warranty free with Cobra exhausts anyway...

sooo... easier to save $100.

but i don't know what your warranty stipulates :)

·
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
*shrugs*

i dunno the specifics of your warranty.

i figure the Kawasaki warranty for the exhaust only covers a problem with the exhaust... and you get a lifetime warranty free with Cobra exhausts anyway...

sooo... easier to save $100.

but i don't know what your warranty stipulates :)
in the waranty if there is a problem resulting from an after market part the waranty is void if not instaled by a professional

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
well i'm sure there's a whole host of issues that can arrise that would affect the functioning of the bike by installing an aftermarket set of pipes :lol:

but as you say, it's your choice and if it makes you feel more comfortable having them do it, then i shan't say any more :)

be sure to post pics when done :biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts