Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm easing out of the neighborhood this morning with the new Speedster Longs, barely any throttle and trying to be in stealth mode and I passed by a POS minivan and the alarm went off!:eek: I guess I'll be sneaking out the back way from now on.............:oops:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
So I'm easing out of the neighborhood this morning with the new Speedster Longs, barely any throttle and trying to be in stealth mode and I passed by a POS minivan and the alarm went off!:eek: I guess I'll be sneaking out the back way from now on.............:oops:
LOL! Harley friend of mine says his bike does that to his neighbor's vehicle.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I set alarms of all the time in my street even when I am trying not to, however there is a guy in our street that moans all the time about the amount of bikes that come and go from my house and the noise, his alarm goes of alot !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL! Harley friend of mine says his bike does that to his neighbor's vehicle.
bamavulcandave, I'll be in your neck of the woods this weekend. My SO is from Hartselle and we're visiting the in-laws- they can't come out to our place because her broom is in the shop........

·
Registered
210 Posts
In the Uk we have real tight legislation about noise but get this the cops pull you over but they are issued no equipment to monitor noise so you get issued a ticket giving you so many days to go to a testing station to have your bike tested if your bike fails you then have another time period to get it put right and report back for a retest. Usually what happens is before going for the test you put in bigger baffles or put your stock exhaust back on have the test done and then put you normal pipes or baffles back in or on. The cops in the Uk are far more interested in Sports bikes and not cruisers. I myself have been pulled over by the cops and they have said nothing about my pipes so I have never had to be tested. The dude that lives in my street has also complained that my mower is to loud, that I shut my car door to loud, my music is played to loud, my dog barks to much, and when his car was stolen I was questioned by the cops even though I was on Holiday (funny enough I was in Newyork) at the time it was stolen. Rant over I appolagise and it is wrong to give it a hand full of throttle as I pass his car I know. I dont condone this behaviour at all and have promised my wife to refrain from doing so.

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
Loud is good, obnoxious is bad.

You sound like you try to be considerate, good for you.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I don't have any problems in our neighborhood setting off car alarms. I just take it easy going out and into the main route. Once I arrive at work, we have a parking garage and I rarely trigger an older car alarm system..

COBRA ramble sounds good to me. Ride safe.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Alot of the problem here is the sensitivity of the car alarms. My son has one on his truck that goes off when it thunders, and it does not have to be loud thunder. I have set off car alarms by just closing my vehicle door when parked next to a car with an alarm. In cases like this, maybe the person with the alarm needs to check the alarm. Go outside next time a thunderstorm comes through and I bet their alarms are going off then also.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Alot of the problem here is the sensitivity of the car alarms. My son has one on his truck that goes off when it thunders, and it does not have to be loud thunder. I have set off car alarms by just closing my vehicle door when parked next to a car with an alarm. In cases like this, maybe the person with the alarm needs to check the alarm. Go outside next time a thunderstorm comes through and I bet their alarms are going off then also.
Was just going to post the same thing. The problem with noise legislation is that its subjective. One persons noise is anothers music. For istance, You'll get whiners that will complain about your lawnmower being to loud or your kids waking them on Sunday morning at 10am because they just got off a night shift and are trying to sleep. I've actually taken my hand off the throttle and cruised past vehicles with alarms and still set them off ( my neighbor 3 houses down. So i went by his truck with my lawnmower a few days later and set it off again. Just set it off last weekend with my snowblower. So tell me Pat, What should i do? Perhaps put baffles on the lawnmower and snowblower? There will always be a whiner somewhere who will complain. Oh and i've actually set off alarms with my stock pipes on my 900LT in our Apt. Parking lot compound once as well. Its an enclosed area where the sounds tend to echo and its fairly loud in there. So perhaps i could have just walked the bike up the 2 underground levels to the street and then started it up? Any other suggestions Pat?

·
Registered
112 Posts
The problem with much of this legislation is it is only aimed at bikes in many areas and requires you to reinstall factory pipes and if they are no longer availble you have to scrap the bike.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I think it's just terrible that you would want to make so much noise and infringe on so many people's rights to their "quiet space". You should be flogged, drawn and quartered.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry...I just couldn't keep a straight face! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
oops!

I think it's just terrible that you would want to make so much noise and infringe on so many people's rights to their "quiet space". You should be flogged, drawn and quartered.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry...I just couldn't keep a straight face! :mrgreen:
Looks around sheepishly.... My bad!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
No Aftermarket?

I me "we" as a whole community. Denver is the only one so far that I have heard of that has passed a law that you cant use aftermarket pipes.
I'm staying in Pa. :eek:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
And this is why we are getting legislation passed against bikes...go ahead and flame me now...lol
My stock pipes triggered alarms.

Some alarms are just set to be too sensitive, and stock pipes have enough of a rumble to do the trick.
The high pitched tinny sound of straights is what is annoying, but the bass is what triggers sensors.

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
I idle in and out of my neighborhood and my Cobra Longs do the same thing. One cage in particular alarm goes off everytime.

·
It's purple, ma'am
2,016 Posts
I idle in and out of my neighborhood and my Cobra Longs do the same thing. One cage in particular alarm goes off everytime.

Ah yes, the remote "Honey, I'm home" sensor. :cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts