Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where, I can get those rubber buttons (cover) for the switches in my cockpit. the 2 buttons for reseting the trip and showing Volt instead of RPM's

Or what can i replace them with. Cause they are gone. Think they got too much sun or something :)

Its on a Kawasaki Gpz 1100 B2

·
Registered
45 Posts
I 'believe' they are still available new, via your dealer.
Certainly are in the UK for the GT series of bikes :grin:

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I didn't see a part number for them at Partzilla. Usually, when the diagrams don't show a part number, the part wasn't available. The GT models weren't sold in the USA, so a dealer in North America may not have the diagrams for those models.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I found the part number is 11012 11012-1291 CAP, TRIP RESET, takes 2pcs I didn't find them in stock yet. I need them also.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Exactly those. there must be an alternative if those aren't available anymore :D
Just found them on a site called megazip. $16.60 for 2 plus $20.09 to ship to VA. USA. They also had an option to ship from Japan. Just a little bit more.

I will keep looking for now.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just found them on a site called megazip. $16.60 for 2 plus $20.09 to ship to VA. USA. They also had an option to ship from Japan. Just a little bit more.

I will keep looking for now.

JPD, please post if you find any at reasonable price, I need 2 of them as well.

Thanks, Pete in SA

I know they’re expensive for what they are but in the scheme of things against the value of the bike, $36 isn’t much to pay.

Look at it as a consumable that will last another 40 years and compare it to, say, an oil change that’ll need doing again in a coupe of thousand miles!

Or one of you but four and split the total shipping cost between you.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Shipping is going to be a killer for anything overseas. This is probably one of those items in which you have to bite the bullet and go ahead & pay.

However & just throwing it out there, if 2 or more guys could get together & come to a firm agreement, then the cost could be reduced. Two of them are about $18.35T each from Megazip. Four would be about $15.30T each if you include the additional cost of re-shipping the extras by USPS priority mail small flat rate shipping. I'm assuming the shipping cost from overseas would be the same for 2, 4 or more of those little parts.

·
Registered
202 Posts
However & just throwing it out there, if 2 or more guys could get together & come to a firm agreement, then the cost could be reduced. Two of them are about $18.35T each from Megazip. Four would be about $15.30T each if you include the additional cost of re-shipping the extras by USPS priority mail small flat rate shipping. I'm assuming the shipping cost from overseas would be the same for 2, 4 or more of those little parts.

Isn’t that what I said two posts previously?

Great minds.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts