Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Stealth Custom
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the colder air cause the bike to have a different sound than in warmer weather?
And do i need to adjust my FI2000 for the colder weather? it seems to be running a bit richer than normal..........

Robb

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I'm not sure about sound, but it should run a bit better because cold air is generally more dense than warm air. that means it's taking more into the cylinder when sucking in. As for the adjustment, none needed.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
My bike runs stronger when it's cold out. By running rich, are you refering to a gas smell when you are riding? They put stuff in winter gas, and it makes it smell stronger. I can smell a little gas when it's cold out, but have no exhaust leaks, and no gas leaks.

D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Cold air is denser so I would think you would be slightly leaner not richer..

·
2007 V2K Classic LT
131 Posts
With fuel injection the ECU has an air inlet temp sensor. It increases the fuel when the air is colder coming in.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
thanks...i was just curious.....
i actually was able to take it to work tonight (woohoo)......
I never thought i would be able to do that in January in the NorthEast....:)
Riding to work is optional.
Riding back home is mandatory. :biggrin:

I ALMOST rode about 60 miles yesterday to run an errand and drop off a care package to the stepdaughter... decided to cage it.
Started a light sprinkle when I left her place... 5 minutes later it was a complete downpour... could barely see. Had I been on the bike I would have had to have parked under an overpass for at least 2 hours.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
That stinks ... you guys are talking about the ability to ride and here everything is frozen, covered with snow or under water. :biggrin:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
That stinks ... you guys are talking about the ability to ride and here everything is frozen, covered with snow or under water. :biggrin:
Go over to Thumpertalk and chat with user "Frostbite"
He lives in Nunavut... and rides almost every day it's not blizzarding.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
I draw the line at 32* ... not into that kind of riding or discomfort

1 - 12 of 12 Posts