Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...up and down the Front Range. The culdesac my home sits by in my new neighborhood had finally melted enough for me to do some 'driftin' today. Temps were high 30's to about 42....standing still...The Drifter was already waxed and ready. A couple of capfuls of SeaFoam in the previously filled tank (before Christmas) and one crank, two cranks anna 'whirr', three cranks and it's back to life. 60 secs and I could push the choke in and it's idling on it's on. While it warmed up, I geared up, including a wool scarf this time under the jacket and psyched about getting to wear my new Redwings. Rolling out of the garage, dodging puddles and gravel and I'm on the main road. There were a lot of bicyclists out but only a few motorcyclists. We were all waving at each other, happy to see other knuckleheads out in the cold. 30 miles to Boulder, I'm pretty chilled but Eads Newstand is pretty warm, got a Bike magazine and some chocolate. Went over to see a pal who works at Guiry's on Pearl. Then headed home the long way. Stopped at Wendys in Firestone to grab some lunch to go.
Then, I'm home, Drifter is wiped down and pinging, no doubt happy to be back in it's warm(er) garage. Some lunch and hot cocoa to dispel a lingering nternal chill while I read the Bike magazine I went out to get. Not a grand adventure or horizon spanning trip, but important to me. While most everyone else was bundled up in their car, I was out in the world, living and enjoying the day doing one of he things I love the most, Riding. Yeah, it was uber-cold and people were looking at me like I was crazy, but hey, I'm a Motorcyclist, not much else to be said. *Goes back to reading his mag.* (RoadBike)
Painless Black Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...

2005 Drifter 800

·
Registered
13 Posts
WOAH. Its like................blowing my mind man..........:)

That, and makes me wanna go for a ride. Too bad, its snowing here right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts