Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never used a Balaclava before and now that cold weather is almost here, I would like to know which are the best ones for cold weather riding? Which are the most comfortable, cotton, silk, etc? Where can you get the best prices? etc. etc.

Thanks for your help!! :D

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
cold weather

i have been wearing them for many years when snowmobiling and then started a couple years ago on the bike. i have found that the knit snowmobiling ones are the worst. stick with the more thin and soft materials so your head can breathe. right now i have one that is half wind proof material and the rest is polyester. i would recommend polyester, silk or even thin fleece. any of these should give you the comfort and warmth you would be looking for. the only thing to make sure of is that the opening for the eyes is large enough. you shouldn't have a problem with that, i am just recalling the old snowmobiling ones that hindered my side vision. as far as where to buy, your guess is as good as mine. i bought mine at a local bike shop, but if i were to buy another, i would go through dennis kirk (www.denniskirk.com). i have purchased quite a few things through them and am very pleased with eveything. good luck, stay warm, and ride safe.

·
Registered
487 Posts
silk will wick moisture away from your skin so it can evaporate, cotton tends to hold the moisture.
have fun

1 - 3 of 3 Posts