What a difference it made less than 60 bucks and I am riding in total
comfort at highway speeds of 65-70
looking forward to more time on the Vulcan

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
wishin...

I don't think it's supposed to stay that way...At least I hope not! I'm headed to Dallas sometime the week of Turkeyday from Florida.
1100miles in 50º weather could spell disaster!

·
Registered
837 Posts
yea...really nasty down here right now...good huntin weather tho...rode my bike 2 times in 5 days since it started rainin and drizzling alot.doin more huntin or staying out at the camp.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I had an opportunity on Saturday to ride to a friends house 35 miles south, then headed out for some intown riding to cycle barn for some shopping. With the cooler and wetter weather lateley, it was GREAT to get out and ride for more than 20 miles at a time. I don't know how many more days like saturday will come around so I had to take advantage of it..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Low 50's? I put 40 kms on today here and it's 2 celcius, minus with the wind chill. It won't get to the low 50's here till May, that's when the jacket will come off lol.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
36 Degrees and 80 miles

Yes...winter is here with colder temps and the usual mix of weather
associated with it...BUT...today was an exception.

It was a whopping 36 degrees out when I took off for an 80 mile ride with
blue skies and sunshine. While it looked nice and warm out...it certainly
was not. Extra layers of clothing and a short stop for coffee made it very
enjoyable. I did not see another rider out so I wondered if I am that crazy
or if others are just that much smarter than I. :)

I refuse to put up the "attitude adjuster" for the winter just yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dave,

I grew up in Houston, near the Hobby Airport, across the bayou from Garden Villas. I now live in Mobile, Alabama. Pretty much the same climate here, maybe a few degrees cooler in the summer but the same as Baytown in the winter. I live about 8 miles from the Mobile bay shoreline. It is remarkably similar to Trinity bay. I plan to ride all winter, but with the humidity and low clouds we will have, 50 degrees feels like 30 degrees on the bike. Thanks for the help. I am going to Academy here in Mobile on Monday morning and buy what you bought. What brand did you buy? If you can keep the wind off you, winter riding on the Gulf coast is quite enjoyable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sure makes me appreciate living here in Tucson. This is the time of year when all the bikes are out in full force. I plan on going riding today. It should be somewhere in the 70's. The summer here is the bad time to ride. That 110 degree weather is hard to ride in. Feels like your in an oven..lol

LJ

·
Registered
118 Posts
Trans101am said:
Sure makes me appreciate living here in Tucson. This is the time of year when all the bikes are out in full force. I plan on going riding today. It should be somewhere in the 70's. The summer here is the bad time to ride. That 110 degree weather is hard to ride in. Feels like your in an oven..lol

LJ
Up in Phoenix. Just got back from a nice 100 mile ride. Caught a little rain in a few spots, but nothing I wasn't prepared for. A great day for a ride up here. Around 65 degrees or so. Can't complain.

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
308 Posts
louis brail. I am in Maine do you ride all winter long? i put my bike away when the weather got under 50 (did not want to), what kind of gear do you use? It has been in the low 30's here during the day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pick the days I ride selectively for sure but no, I don't lay up my bikes and I get out at least once a week all winter. As long as the roads are clear of black ice and it's -15 c or warmer, I'm out for a rip. Layers of clothes are the key and a great set of gloves. Nice rum hot toddy don't hurt when you get back in either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts