Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm about to be heading home for a couple of weeks and I long to get on my baby again. The problem: It isn't supposed to be above 50 degrees or so for the duration of my stay.

I have a full leather racing suit: any tips on how I can bundle up and not get frostbite? I have some linings for my gloves that I can throw inside, and they do decently well (not great, but OKAY). However, that leather can get cold. Real cold. The suit is fairly tight, leading me to believe that it may be hard to bundle up underneath without making it real difficult to move.

I have an Alpinestars Octane racing suit, if that makes any difference. I don't mind spending a little money, but I'd rather not go all out for a few weeks of riding.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Get some long underwear and throw a wind breaker on over the leather that should help out quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Wait, 50 degrees is considered cold weather riding? ;) I do that in October!

My advice is layers as well as a layer of thermal fleece. You'll boil when you're stopped gassing up but you'll be comfy on the road.

A bachlava? is also a great idea.

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,748 Posts
Electric vest and install heated grips. Both are pretty much standard gear for riding in the frozen north, but you'd be amazed how often you use the heated grips. Even out on a nice summer day, get caught in a thunderstorm and the temps start falling and because it was such a nice day all you have is your light summer gloves. Without heated grips working the clutch and brake becomes tough with frozen fingers, but with heated grips your wet hands are at least warm and comfortable so you can still operate your controls safely.

Heated grips are inexpensive, about $30 and an hour or two to install properly, heated vest is anywhere from $90-$200, but again well worth it. No bulk, and you keep your core body temp warm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts